Thursday, October 28, 2004

28/10/04

Today is full of new knowledge as usual. I seem to be always writing about the things I have learnt. New knowledge always keeps me excited. Let me begin.

Slice of life

“Its is natural for one to be curious about things. A Journalist for example is one who benefits from asking ‘why’. However, people tend to over use the word ‘why’. It is more than often things that befall on someone do not have an explanation for its occurrence. These incidents could be a failure in relationships, death of a close person, etc.

Because these incidents do not have a good explanation, asking ‘why’ would put you in circles. Instead of asking ‘why’, why not ask ‘what’. The ‘what’ questions allows you to look into the future instead of dwelling in the past. For example, what can I do after this, what can I learn from this. This can be applying for all situations. Look into the future, rather than into the past.”

News

Reports show that more men in Singapore are going to Vietnam to look for wives. Well, not actually look for, but men actually buy wives. Singapore women’s concern is that, Vietnam ladies should not go into marriage just like that. Their argument is that the Vietnam ladies wouldn’t know whether they would be well treated or not. Selling love isn’t a good thing.

One point made by the reporter is that the agency taught the Vietnam ladies to learn to love the one they marry to and not to marry the person they love. This is quite an interesting thought here.

I wouldn’t want to comment much on this because I might get myself shot by those who I know. Some considerations are, why do more men does that? Should we just give men a break and let them choose how they want to find a wife? Why would the Vietnam women be willing to be enrolled into the agency? Are there any implications on Singapore women? Are Singapore women getting pickier? How would people know that such marriages wouldn’t be a happy one? Does the notion of marrying the one you love, or loving the one you marry appeal more to you?

Happy thinking

Diary

My accounting tutor gave a nice closing tutorial today. I could remember his words clearly. He said,” university is a place for you to study. But if at the end of the day, you can’t pick up the phone and call someone to talk to, then you have wasted your time. Who cares if you have a 1st class honors. If you can’t connect with people, you would have wasted your time. It is the university experience that is important.” I agree totally.

Now I would like to share my happiness. I got back another of my essay. Got a good grade although the process of doing it wasn’t that much of a happy thing. Half happy, half pissed. Anyway it’s over. Can’t believe my eyes when I saw the grade. Amazing.

I think I overheated my brain again today. Mugged in school from 8.30am to 12.00pm and from 2pm to 4.30pm. With little time left, I’ll have to just bare with it. Nothing much exciting happened today. I’ll end here perhaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home