Friday, July 08, 2005

8/7/05

So busy so busy.... Went to teach band from 9am to 3pm. Then went home to have a little rest before taking off for band practice. Today Adam Fray came. Fantastic playing!! He is friendly and humble too. THe eupho solo piece will be a nice nice one.

As for me, the duet part, I think its easier to play when Mr. Fray is around. Because I won't feel so empty and scared to play the difficult 2nd part of the duet. I have also practiced very hard for the 3 notes maneuver. Octave jumps is crazy for the A note. I cannot afford to make a mispitch during the concert for this duet. Wish me good luck?

I had a little chat with him actually. I find that I'm really quite shy when it comes to meeting new people who are so called higher authority than me. I really can't pick a topic to talk to him. I just smiled and replied the things he asked when he talked to me. And I have a problem to leave the conversation. When theres no more conversation between us, and he talked to another person, I don't know if I would be rude to walk away. Someone must really teach me on this socializing aspects.

This coming concert will be the most important one in my life for now.

Abt the trombonist that usually irritates me. He actually can't play for the concert now, and had a replacement that far sounded better and easier to blend into the brass sound. Is that a bliss? Lets hope it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home