Thursday, March 09, 2006

9/3/06

I super hyper today!!!!! I talked too loud, I said crazy things, I acted like some Yo Yo guy, I laugh too much, I "pengs" too much, I...... never ending!!

Did so much research in the afternoon that I went bonkers. Somehow I really like going to NUS band. Even though the music isn't really super but I get to be myself. I can be as crazy as I want and I can don't care how people think. They don't have any expectation on my behavior as a professional being (in terms of as an accountant), and I don't have to build a wall between me and them. All of them can go Yo Yo with me there!! So fun!! Especially Lum!!! Getting traumatised by my "man, man" speech. [as in, hey man, whats up man, why like that man, steady man]

I met a JC friend at a bus stop outside Toa Payoh. Eiyo, teacher teacher leh, *salute!!* So chiem chinese. In one of the best pri school for Band. Top band for 5 years consecutively. Somehow, I feel that human behavior can be seperated into a few kinds. And this friend has a similar speaking style to my another friend. I guess some parts of the genes match. Cool right! Can I find my another self somewhere?

Oh guess what!! The westwinds concert is a sold out!! We have an over-order situation. My president is seizing all the tickets!! Oh no!!! I have a few friends who wants to go for the concert and no tickets for me. Me bad!! I thought have teared out the tickets and pay for them first.... shucks!! I feel so bad now. But there is one light of hope around. I'll do my best to squeeze out tickets.... *vomit them out. No!, I'm serious. I'll do my best to find some tickets out. Oh my god.

If a full house isn't much of an excitment, the Wife of the Hungary Ambassdor is coming as guest of honour. Ah!!!!! Scary eupho melody for the Symphoniq Hungarica!! *Pray pray pray pray pray*

I will put all my work behind me and concentrate on my concert first. Its !!!!!! so good. First concert after the WASBE conference and Japan trip. See how the Westwinds sound evolve. Shock the whole world bah!!! Provided no smart alec trying to show off during concert loh. Hate those people who think that they are the band. You'll get what I mean.

Oh today's slice of life is for me!!! Its just so close to me. hee. Be happy

Slice of life

Happily Single

More and more people in their 30's or 40's have never been married and are yearning to settle down and start a family.

If you fall into this group, how does it make you feel? Frustrated? Are you longing to be a father? Have you lost hope that you will ever find someone to settle down with and spend the rest of your life with? Do you have a lot of friends, but you still feel lonely and long for true love and companionship with a life long partner?

Well, you don't need to be married and have a family to make your life complete, happy and worthwhile. Yes, there is joy in that, but it doesn't mean that without it your life is doomed to emptiness. Many people fall into the trap of believing in that certainty.

It's a big mistake to depend on someone else to complete your life and bring you happiness. Being happy is D-I-Y. Depending on someone else for your happiness is handing over control and responsibility to that person. Which not only puts you in a wobbly situation, it's unfair to the other party.

Marriage and a family is not the only key to your eternal happiness. The fact that many marriages end in divorce should give you a clue that marriage does not guarantee happiness.

Don't get me wrong. Marriage is a wonderful institution as long as you find the right mate. Marriage is very a serious matter and you should not jump into marriage prematurely because you think you're getting older and it's time to settle down.

Even if you insist that there is someone for you, and you will find him or her eventually, that doesn't mean that the world has to stop turning in the meantime. You can find happiness and fulfillment in other areas besides romantic relationships.

A good way to find meaning and satisfaction is to become involved in helping others through charity organizations, volunteer work, community activities, working for political causes, helping the needy and so on. It can be extremely rewarding. Besides, it's a great way to meet people too and learn about their lives, their motivations, their problems and their ways of solving them. This helps put your own troubles into perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home