Wednesday, March 01, 2006

1/3/06

The fortune telling for the new year for me is really accurate. I am breathing fire already. I need to sleep by 10.30pm or else i'll be talking nonsense tomorrow. But things hasn't seem to allow me to sleep nicely. I'll have to worry for so many things.

Its not joke doing ppt slides for 11 hrs mind you. And I don't have a good temper to talk nicely to people just to get things done. Its no fun compiling slides too especially where numbers are concern. Is it the first time i'm so serious about powerpoint slides? Yes it is. And I want it to be the best ever. I don't have the creativity for fanciful stuffs, but at least, I would want things to be standardised and be eye-friendly. 100 over slides for a 2 hr presentation is no joke?!!!!

Hey, am I spending time doing stupid things or redundant things? Am I doing things that kills myself? IF I AM THE ONE WHO ONLY DOES COMPILING SLIDES, I WON'T BE TALKING LIKE THIS. I HAVE DONE UP 33 SLIDES MYSELF....COMPILED AND STANDARDISED HORRENDOUS SLIDES AND NOW I HAVE TO FUCKING COME UP WITH 20 QUIZ QUESTIONS. NOT FORGETTING I NEED TO MENTALLY REHEARSE WHAT I NEED TO SAY TOMORROW. (I hope no kids reading this)

Genius don't complain these kind of things right? I think i'm putting myself into a low low class person. Ya, I don't need to be in a high class position. I don't fit there. So, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO VENT MY HAIR PULLING EXPERIENCE.

AND PLEASE LET ME GRADUATE SOON SO THAT I CAN STOP DOING ALL THESE FUCKING STUPID PRESENTATIONS.

I really hope tomorrow finish soon so that I can go to NUS band for a venting session with the eupho there. I need to talk to "her" so much. Music understands me as much as I can understand it.

And those who thought that I'm a nice guy, sorry to disappoint you.....

Back to my 20 quiz questions now.

2 hrs for 20 questions, meaning 6 minutes each question.

Slice of life

STORIES - King Arthur and the Witch (What Women Really Want)

Have you heard the story of "King Arthur's Dilemma - A Wise Lesson for All Men to Learn"?
Well, it goes like this:

As a test, young Arthur was asked to answer the question, "What do women really want?" Brilliant though he was, he simply could not discover the answer. Finally, he decided to seek counsel from a very wise and very powerful old witch.

She told him that she would reveal the secret only if he promised to marry her. Arthur agreed and she gave the answer: "To be in charge of their own lives."

As the wedding approached, Arthur was beginning to regret his promise. He'd been so eager to find out the answer that he had failed to seriously ponder the consequences of having an ugly old witch as his wife.

When the day of the wedding came though, the witch appeared to Arthur as a beautiful woman. She said that since he'd been kind enough to marry her, she would be a witch half the time, and a beautiful maiden half the time. But he would have to choose when!

This time, Arthur gave it more serious thought - a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his home, a gnarled old witch? Or by day, a hideous hag, but by night, a beautiful woman with whom to enjoy many intimate moments?

Care to guess his decision?

Well, noble Arthur replied he would let her choose for herself. Upon hearing this, she announced she would be beautiful all the time, because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

The witch's answer to the question "What do women really want?" was deceptively simple, wasn't it? Yet, Arthur was wise enough to understand its meaning. And that earned him a beautiful bride. As well as a wonderful marriage and relationship, presuming he continued to understand and apply the philosophy.

So what do women really want?

What we all want, really - to be in charge our own lives. To be appreciated and respected. To be made to feel that our opinions and feelings matter. A simple philosophy that is crucial to making any relationship work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home