Tuesday, February 28, 2006

28/2/06

The last day of Feb. I just realized that I forgotten to wish my friend happy birthday. Poor memory... Happy birthday (1 week late).

Excitement building up for Thursday. How will I fair in making the presentation? Am I too focused on my part. I should get my team to discuss as a whole isn't it? Donno lah. I think they are doing fine. And I'm letting my well-trusted teammates to take charge of their own parts. I have no worries for that.

I think my westwinds tickets can be considered all sold if my friend from NUS can buy 2 from me. I'm still hoping haaa. I bet its one of the best sounding and loudest concert ever..... sigh and yeah! Not forgetting lots of long Eupho melody!! haaa

NUS concert!! A long solo! I still haven't got a chance to perform 7th night of july solo.... when will be the day?? heee

Need to get to work now. No more dreaming heee.

Slice of Life

Stress-Busting for Moms

They say being a stay-at-home mom is a full-time job. Well, the reality can be more like two full-time jobs. Anyone who's ever had the experience will know that being a mother can be extremely stressful, especially during the children's early years.

With babies, toddlers and older children to care for, along with cooking the meals, paying the bills, cleaning, tutoring the kids, shopping for groceries, and so on, finding time for yourself may seem impossible. Even when you do find a few quiet minutes, you're at a loss what to do. You've spent so much time fussing and fretting about the house and the kids and the in-laws (and the husband) that you've forgotten how to relax!

But taking time out to recharge your batteries is precisely what you need! So, what's stopping you? Do you feel guilty taking a break? Do you feel less of a SuperMom if you spend some time unwinding? Or God forbid, have fun?

Well, you're not much use to anyone if you suffer a breakdown. So leave your chores behind, just for a little while, and give yourself permission to take a much needed time-out.

Here are some things you can do to get that swing back into your sweep!

Schedule some alone time for yourself. Use this time to focus on you. Find a place in your home that you can go to and find privacy. You can ask your husband, sister, in-law or friend to take the family out for a few hours while you enjoy your alone time. Do nothing, sleep, read, or watch a movie; just enjoy your solitude.

When you are feeling stressed, talk to a good friend. Sit down and enjoy a good conversation over a cup of coffee. Many women, after becoming moms, forget they ever had girlfriends with whom they could have fun with. Don't be one of those moms!

Take a nap. Find a quiet, comfortable spot and take a nap. Even a short power nap can leave you feeling refreshed, renewed, and more focused. Studies have shown that people who spent 30 minutes each day napping had one third less heart disease than those who didn't nap.

And? you're going to like this one? eat! Not just anything, mind you, but foods that help reduce stress. Carbohydrates, for example, will actually soothe you. Good sources of carbohydrates include pasta, potatoes, breads, popcorn and low-calorie cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home