Friday, October 29, 2004

29/10/04

Greetings, blog reader.

Today is my last class in school before exams. My first paper is on next Tuesday. Kinda panicked because exams always give me a feeling of uncertainty. No matter how much you study, there seems to be a luck element that affects everything. Lets not talk about that today. I would like to dedicate my blog today to my dog. So the main bulk will be about my dog! Hee. But lets start with a Slice of life.

Slice of Life

“People often face misfortunes and difficult situations. They tend to think negatively about the experiences. They apply blaming, either internally or externally. This can also be applied to those nasty people who they meet. Bad experiences are a pain to us.

Instead of thinking negatively, why not think about the lessons we can learn from those experiences. We can always treat misfortunes as a test we have to face in life. Life is not always smooth sailing. We thrive on crisis. If we can continually think of what we can learn, we would accept things that come in our way and build on our life experience. When facing with nasty people, it is the same. There are always things that they know and we don’t. Or, there are actions done by them that we should not follow. Learning from experience can always take over blaming and negative thoughts.”

My Dog –Meimei

Lets now talk about my dog. She is a 6 yrs old white Maltese. I think she has been in my family for 5 yrs. For those who have me in their MSN would know how she looks like. As what my friend F said,” she looks like a mouse”. I wonder who has the same sentiments as him hee.

Her behavior is really very unique. We don’t give her any proper training because my father wants her to behave like a natural dog. Indeed, she behaved not like a trained dog, but what do you know….. she is like a normal human with emotions. I’ll tell you more in a moment. The only thing she likes is….. food.

First, I’ll call her a human. She has emotions. When my mum is not at home, my father and I often provoked Meimei. We said something like this,” Where is mum? Very angry right!! Mum very bad, never let you eat” After that, we can see Meimei’s expression change. She would stare at the door, and sound a light “brrrrrrrr”. Her mouth would move in a way as though she is hesitant in saying what she wants to say. Kinda comical. Every time, we would do that to Meimei.

When my Father is not at home, Meimei would become very nice towards my mum. But when my Father is at home, she acts like she is the queen of the world. Here is one situation. Meimei usually sits on the sofa as though she is watching the tv with us. But she often takes up a big space on the sofa. So my mum would tell her,” excuse me, go there go there.” Meimei would go,”brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr” and she would stare at my mum. Most of the time Meimei couldn’t win my mum, so she would reluctantly move away after a loud burst of “brrrrrrrrr”. I could only laugh.

Actually Meimei is really not very sociable. I guess its because we didn’t bring her out often enough. But she is really hostile towards those people who walk past my house. When she hears footsteps, she would run to the door and bark at the top of her voice. Sometimes she is just paranoid. My parents would open the door and ask her to go out and see who is there. She wouldn’t dare. Behind the gate, she is just so strong and brave. But when the gate is opened, she is a little mouse (like what F said). Even if my neighbor’s dog comes to my house, Meimei wouldn’t want to socialize with them. My parents conclusion is that, Meimei is a human that doesn’t like dog.

I guess that’s a very long dog tale for you. I don’t know if I would have time for blogging in the next few days, but I’ll try. Hee



6 Comments:

Blogger chewy said...

hey...shuyi here la...dun want to be anonymous coz i dun like ppl to do that on my blog too...haha! cannot read finish ur blog la...too chim already...too many words already...ok la...nt chim lor...but age gap la huh...wahahaha! dunno ah...maybe is juz me or u shld change it la...haha! then u supa free lor...like update everyday de...wah lao...anywayz...gd luck for ur exams! =>

5:35 PM  
Blogger chewy said...

oh ya...forgot to tell u that i can reach da highest B flat liao...but only can play croquet ba? coz i chromatic frm tuning B flat to da note lor...damn happy! haha...then went for da brass band concert today...really da kai yan jie sia...1st time hear brass band ah...then got eupho solo ah...then really felt da inspiration that u'll hv afta hearing a concert...usually i juz listen then go hm le...then while walking,i was telling my frens say by the end of sec4,i muz be able to play 4 octaves coz low low b flat,low B flat,tuning note and that high B flat lor!!! hope i can do it ah...wahahaha! think shld be can ah...sim also say eupho improve then when me and my junior was in da toilet,she was like is refering to u only lor...then she was also like u betta/muz come back next yr ah...for me i sure go back if she dun ask de lor...alot of things i think she still depend on me lor...but i dun force ppl de la...then now we hv all these auditions also la...so heck...my sec 1 cannot quite reach high notes la...chan always say he can see some ppl are trying but i can't feel/see that my junior is trying ah...dun like to talk abt band sia...band now like we're working like that sia...got boss=sim,chan then got dm(whom almost everyone hates and everything...haiz...) i like muz as well update my own blog since i'm typing so long to sia...haha...i very tired...cannot think wat else is there le...so type anotha day...happy watching ur summer scent! haha!

11:58 PM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

THank ah hee. I am sure you enjoyed yourself during the concert right. heee. Nv buy the CD? :).

Thanks for your wishes too. I hope I do well this semester.

You should see my other friend's blog. Lots of chiem words. At least I made my one using simple english hee.

12:01 AM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

ohoh you posted a second message before i post my reply haha ok. So i'll post another one to reply to your second one ah.

Hey i am really really very impress that you can reach that Bb note. I remember that during my secondary days, I don't even know that a note about that high F even exist haha. Impressive i can say.

Hey i like brass bands too. It gives a more intense feeling and more powerful expression when it comes to music. And euphos have lots of challenging parts in brass band too. Run like clarinets, flutes, even saxophones. Too bad Singapore doesn't have many Brass band ard. Perhaps the only one I know is .... i forgotten the name haha.

Concerts do give inspirations to improvement. So must got for more concerts heee. Come for mine!!! yeah.

Continue to strive for better sound and support. And don't neglect your technique and music expression as well. Remember to think of a picture or scene when you play. Touch people's hearts!! Thats all for now hee. Jia you.

12:58 AM  
Blogger chewy said...

my fren nought da cd ah...then luckily she got writer then can ask her to burn for me...wahaha! then i can lend u also ah...i was quite tired ah...so didn't quite enjoy da concert ah...wahaha! i mean all ur theories and everything very chim la...hmm...my fren's blogs all different la...so ya...i've da whole fingerings that are possible for eupho wat...hmm...but only can play for one croquet now la...haha...but @least i'm learning things earlier than u...wahaha! ya...ytd run like anything sia...i also gasping for air for them sia...wahaha! sg got alot leh...ytd they juz say...salvation brass band and some othas la...dun want go for any le la...dun want to go for sg le...like all da foreign ones now...wahaha! but we going to hv a performance in dec @wheelock place...u free then come lor...will tell u more...emotion part see how la...that gavin always say i expressionless one anyway...improve on basic and everything 1st ba...but muz achieve my aim...wahaha! :)

3:21 PM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

Ya you are a good player, can reach the notes above already. But still i haven't hear you play for quite a while, so couldn't gauge how much you have improve.

Well, there are things you can learn from local band too, although i agree with you that overseas band are far much better than us. We are improving, so must still support Singapore bands.

Anyway, I'll support you if i have the time that day. Keep me informed. You must also come for Westwind concert hor. heee

What can i say about expressing music. One thing is you can't be taught to express. Its just inside. Hee you will know when you grow older.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home