Thursday, December 09, 2004

08/12/04

1 disk of korean drama again. Just couldn't find time to watch more than 1. Today's activities are just full of colours. 1st, I went to kbox with my friend, S, and we went mad in that room. I guess my friend got the full effect of my screaming haha. My voice shivered on the high notes as usual. All the out of tunes and squeezing of sound out from my voice box. I'll need more practice to get rid of those bad habits and smoothen out the voice hee. Need more experimenting with my voice. No talent means need more hard work.

After Singing, S came to my house. I guess he is just not used to getting close to a dog. My dog was full of passion and romance hahaa, but my friend "rejected" her. Laff laff. He actually wanted me to teach him how to play a piano piece he composed, but I myself Ban4 tong3 shui3 (half bucket water: describes someone who is not up to standard). To be frank, the song he composed is remarkable. It's titled "feelings", and i can really feel. Ohhhh the introduction is taken from my opus number 3 hahaa. If I have time, I might just convert it to a song. Time.... hmmm don't have.

Next, I was suppose to watch the movie, The Incredibles at Tiong Bahru Plaza with a friend H, but... its just so coincident that some donno-who organization booked the cinema for that show. Darn haha. In the end, we travelled to tampines mall for that show. But we had to skip our dinner. To be frank, was damn hungry but become numb after a while. Today I only at a bowl of porridge in the morning and a Delifrance pastry in the kbox. Today is a slimming day for me hahaa. But, H, if you are reading this, please don't feel bad because I chose not to eat (I'm lazy!! haha).

Actually this friend has some relationship problems, so after the movie, we chatted somewhere till very late. I don't know if I can say this because I know that this doesn't apply to everyone. I suddenly feel that there is a handful of people out there who are just wanting to enjoy life and couldn't commit to a serious relationship, and once they found that they got into one, they would want to get out as soon as possible. What happens to the other party? The person gets bitten and lose trust in the opposite gender. Is it the result of the changing culture and mindset of youngsters? I feel like I'm quite old saying about all this things. My mental age is way beyond my physical age as I've said before. Where are the stable ones? All hurt and hiding. What does government do? SDU!! omg. What a great chain effect.

Oh yes one thing, just in case you are reading this, I hope I'm not giving too much advice because some people just want the other person to listen. Guys always give many of solutions when they know the problems. I couldn't kick the habit of giving solutions. I'l try harder next time.

Remember the story I told you, H? Its only 30% of it. The drama hasn't end. Another day bah.

Oh yes, to all people out there, if you want to ditch someone (although not a good thing to talk about), please ditch them nicely (properly I mean). What my friend is experiencing now is an improper ditching. If you wanna dilideli (dragging things), just communicate and work things out.

Last but not least, someone msged me a picture msg when time was nearing midnight. I just wanna say," Although we might be in different faculty, but thanks for keeping in touch, I really appreciates it."

I gonna teach band tomorrow, sleep now or I'll become a walking metronome.

SLice of Life

"Winners"

Would you like to be the best that you can be? Would you like to be a winner?

These sound like redundant questions, don't they? Who wouldn't want to be a winner? Well, if you take a good look around you, apparently plenty. Most of us are not living lives of constant self-improvement and action towards success and the fulfilment of our dreams. Most of us are "losers", not in the derogatory sense of the word, but we are "losers" because we allow ourselves to keep falling short of what we are capable of.

In order to achieve our goals, we have to burst through the web of "passive anticipation", meaning the kind of thinking that says "oh, I'll get to that soon", "yeah I know I need to get this done, but I have so many other things to do", and "when I find the time, I'll do it".

Cut to the chase. Identify your passions, your priorities, your plans of action, and most importantly, act on them. It's no good having dreams if you simply continue sleeping.

If you truly want to be a winner, you have to wake up. See the world in a brave new light. Believe that this world is essentially and generally benevolent, and that sometimes, bad things happen to good people, but if you follow your instincts, it will point you in the right direction and towards your goals. Learn to control your fear and do not always avoid something just because past experience has been negative. Who knows, the next one might just be the one.

Learn to be optimistic but rational. For example, putting half your earnings into investments you know have the potential for modest but steady growth is being optimistic but rational. But putting all your savings into an IPO you know nothing about just because a good friend says you should or because you have a gut feeling about it, is a foolish gamble. Some might say that you've got to take big risks in order to win big. Well, are you prepared to lose big?

Once you've identified your passions and loves, make a list of things you have to do to get you closer to your dreams. What's next? Action - the key to success. Your plans are nothing if you do not have the discipline to follow through on them. And start today. Losers chatter to themselves that they will start "one day real soon". It never happens."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home