Sunday, December 12, 2004

11/12/04

Hows the day hows the day lawrence. I can do self talk pretty well eh? hee yeah. I reckon that. I watched 5-6 discs of the drama today. Lost count, thats why i'm not sure. I think I could finish it pretty soon. I didn't cry that much on this show, and I wonder why. Is it not effective enough or I am getting numb to them already. I wonder.

I finished part 1 of my new composition today. I started it yesterday so I used 2 days. I borrowed my friend's emotion after this friend broke up. This piece is for a solo piano. It is called Lost and Found. The first movement I have completed is called Lost. Its depicts the emotions one feels after a break up. The second movement is called found. This movement depicts the bliss and happiness when one finds hope in new relationships.

Is it a dead end after a break up or just a split road in the life journey? My composition wanna tell people to look for a brighter future. You can be sad when things happen, but dwelling in the depth of the dark abyss is not a good thing. The last 2 bars of my first movement resolved the sorrow with a major chord. It brings a slight mood of recovery from pain and despair. I just hope my friend can recover soon from the sorrow.

I will start writing the 2nd movement when I can feel the bliss of the recovery. I think its easier for a friend to tell me how it feels than me experiencing it myself. You know what i mean. This composition has the best chord structure ever, compared to my previous compositions. I'm getting better in wacking keys on my keyboard hee. I'm glad.

So its saturday, where can i go at night? Its band time again. I really can't stand that argh.... that person who site behind me, blasting his notes. My ears are sooooo well blasted that I become numbed to loud sound. I don't know if its bad or good but I think my hearing is getting worst. There comes another thought about playing music.

What is music to a musician? Is it an expression of oneself, or a way to get fame, money and fun? I myself feel that to educate one to be a musician, he should be taught about how one should view music. The student should develop a high level of culture forming of music before starting to learn the contents. If all musicians in Singapore can learn that playing in a band is a group thing, and there is no solo players in the band, then music would sound more together, and more balance as a whole. It is because of the desire to outperform others that makes teamwork and balancing difficult.

Why would a College band sound so neat and tidy? Although mostly are average players, they think as a team. 3 lousy warriors is better than 1 advisor? Hee. Anyway, I just hope that Westwind won't blast its way through this time, because I'm gonna invite my prof there!! It'll be bad if we perform the ugly way.

Ahhh no Slice of life today again. ohhhhhh I know why!! Its sat!! I lost track of days. OMG faint. Anyway I'm gonna enjoy my sunday. Hope all my friends to too. Ja Mata







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home