Saturday, July 16, 2005

16/7/05

I was asked by my teacher to be at the Esplanade first thing in the morning, so I took bus 145 there. I was so tired from these few days of late nights, and I fell asleep soon I was on the bus. I woke up here and there to see where I was. For one moment, I know that I was somewhere near Bugis..... the next moment, the road seemed so foreign to me. It was like a film that was cut and joined. I didn't feel the gradual process of falling asleep at Bugis. I had to think..... "what to do, what to do". I was going to be late of course. So I got off when I saw an MRT sign. I was at Tanjong pagar. Did something just casted a sleeping spell on me?

When I got to the MRT, I panicked. Late late, die. I hoped for the train to come quick but still, waited for 2 minutes. I jumped into the cabin when it arrived and walked into the other end of the cabin.... saw a friend. It isn't the first time I met her with such high coincidence. Well, this is the second time perhaps. She just graduated and is a capable working woman. Ha worked with her for a project before... I was stressed by her ha. Anyway, everything just linked up so strangely. If not for my tiredness, I won't overslept (even if I'm tired, I don't oversleep on bus that often.), then if not that I wake up at Tanjong Pagar, I won't take MRT, if not for the MRT, I won't get into this particular cabin and met her. What are the probabilities? Anyway, thankz to her, I didn't panick that much.

When the train reached City hall, I had to "fly". But the underground passage way was blocked due to an unexpected fire alarm (why must it be at this time!!). Had to take a bit detour. "Flying" is an understatement. When I reach Esplanade and got to the back stage, I waited for instructions. I was asked to rest and relax, cuz Tokyo Kosei didn't need much of our help. Waited and waited. 1.5hrs later..... "I think you can go off now, nothing to do" ahhhhhhh travelled for fun ha... but I wasn't angry at all, I was delighted cuz my teacher managed to get a better seat for the concert. I am thankful for that.

I took a bus home and waited for the time to pass before I took off to Suntec. I went to search for the chocolate shop the lady mentioned yesterday. That chocolate tasted like heaven. BUt.. check out the price. 12.80 per box. If i didn't remember wrongly, there are 20-25 pieces of chocolate inside. Worth it? Hee if I'm craving for it, then i'll buy.

Then I went to the WASBE exhibition and tried a Yamaha eupho. Wow, it sounded and felt alive. The notes resonate with little effort. My friend and I even talked about the differences between the Besson eupho and Yamaha eupho. I wanna get one if I have money and no where to put haha. I always say that.

5.30pm, the final performance for the 12th WASBE conference 2005. Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra. THe long awaited band performance. It was a full house!! When they started their first piece, somehow I didn't feel the impressiveness in it. Perhaps the pieces are too hard to understand. When the performance comes near to the end, the pieces they played showed their skills and techniques. Bravo on that part. They are great musicians!!

After all these experience with the overseas band, I am really motivated to become a better player. I'm too scared to play individual parts for such big events haha, but if i am more prepared and more skillful, perhaps I can enjoy those individual parts. I'll start by practicing long tones with my tuner and make sure i'm in tune, then I'll do tempo exercises to make sure i produce notes on time. Thats a first step hee.

This marks the end..... no. I have to be at esplanade tomorrow 11 am to help out again haha. I'll do the closing speech tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home