Friday, July 29, 2005

29/7/05

I must say this! It has been bugging me. The dreams.... seems to signal something. I know I am thinking too much. I hope that, by talking about my dreams openingly, nothing like that would happen.

That dream.... horrifying, tragic, terrible. I didn't happen once. That kind of dream came to me twice. It was about natural disaster. 1st time.... tornados.

I was in this house, standing near the window, looking at places, far far away. I know I was in Singapore, in my house, situated high. A high rise HDB flat. The sight was terrible. It was the end of the world. Lightning flashing their unmerciful rays. There isn't only one ray of lightning. Its just like the lightings in a disco. Loud thunder accompanied the lightning, as though the ray isn't causing enough damage. Dark clouds covered the sky. It was no longer blue. The sky was a mixture of red, blue, black, and grey. A sight of armageddon. If there isn't enough, there is something else. Tornados.... I could see buildings get sucked into the unknown. Debris flying around. The whole Tornado was visible.... totally. It moves, it roars. It sounds like it is laughing. It looked as though its smiling. Eating everything in its way. And its moving this way!!!

The second dream... nothing better. 2nd time... Water.

Strange sight.... I felt like I was here before. The same room, the same window, the same view. It was the same HDB flat. This time, I had my parents with me. I could hear nothing... but the sight created the ultimate hair raising experience. I wanted to shout when I saw... a huge pillar of water marching towards my direction. It seemed to be very far.... perhaps 10-20 kms. But it was like a moving wall.... so huge, so tall!!. I could describe how big it is but.... I had to tilt my head up slightly to see the top of the water. And to add on to the description, I was on the 16th storey. I saw tall buildings collapsed infront of me when it was hit by the water. I thought I was a gonner as I could only wait for that wall to come towards me. But, I think I was lucky. The water's force could not reach my location. After a while... it was dead silent. My parents and I went to see the area below, trying to find any other people to talk to.... but couldn't find.... Its going to be the end of the world I thought.

I don't know what those dreams want to tell me.

I went to school in the afternoon early to print notes for next week's work. It was a horrific experience. So many people standing in the already small area to wait for their print jobs. It was almost a sardinic situation. I believe printing at NBS computer lab is a much pleasant experience. really.

Slice of life

Create Your Own Perfect Morning

Most of us start the day as if we were trying to catch a plane. We wake up, hurry through a shower, grab a cup of coffee, skim through the first few pages of the paper, then rush out of the house. After that, it's meetings, deadlines, packet lunches, bottomlines. Even after we leave the office, our responsibilities and obligations don't seem to end; for many of us, we only get to take a breath just before we fall asleep and even then, it's not restful sleep. Many of us repeat this routine almost every day. It's like we've entered autopilot mode and we don't even wonder why we do what we do anymore.

Somewhere along the way, we forgot that there is no plane to catch. You are the plane, you are the pilot. But are you flying intentionally or mindlessly following flight paths? Are you mapping out the route to your desired destination or are you simply plying the same route back and forth?

For many of us, our lives feel like they're going somewhere. But are they? Where? What if you realised you could make changes that will make your life more enjoyable, more successful and more fulfilling?

How can we assume more control over our lives and where they're headed, instead of always rushing to some point because we feel we should or because we've been told to?

It all begins with creating your perfect morning. This is your morning, no one else's. A harmonious and reflective start does wonders for the rest of the day. So instead of rushing, wake up half an hour earlier. Wake up gently to soft music, or an alarm clock that produces a gradually-accelerating tone.

Then before doing anything else take 10-15 minutes and sit silently thinking about all you're grateful for. Then start to wonder what the highlight of your day could be. As you leave your house and begin the flow of your day, you look at each experience and wonder if this is going to be the highpoint of your day, knowing there is more to come.

Starting the day this way, that is, gently, introspectively, and on your own terms, increases your energy and efficiency throughout the day. When you leave your house centred and focused, there is a much greater likelihood that you can maintain this balance throughout the day. Begin the day on your own terms and discover the dramatic changes that are possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home