Thursday, March 30, 2006

30/3/06

Things have ended for 304. So many hiccups. But those hiccups didn't seem to have killed us. We were happy with the outcome and surprisingly, we were spared from exceeding time by super super lot.

I abit dieded for 312. No energy after 304. I think I should rest a while before starting on 312 presentation. 30mins should be enough. SO tired.

One major hiccup for me during the 304 was the failure of the video clip. LUCKILY, luckily, i am prudent enough to copy the original unedited file into my harddisk as well, together with the edited one. When the edited one didn't turn out to be playable, the non-edited one came in at the right time (luckily its still presentable). My heart nearly fainted when we were trying the video.... sigh. But I'm going to post up the edited one, die die.

Oh ya, I donno why the edited one was 500 over MB, and its only 1 minute!! I wonder if its my software.... So bad? Got any better movie making software? I kinda like video editing!! heee. Recommend me okie. Hee I got good artistic mind hee. Even took care of the angle of shooting, lightings and script. muahhahaa Sorry, so BHB. Yes!! it ended!!

Slice of Life

STORIES - The Emperor and the Horseman

A long time ago, in Ancient China, there lived an Emperor.

His estate was vast and bountiful, with rich fields, sprawling hills, herds of robust cattle, and hardworking folk. His people were a contented lot. They toiled all day, farming and tilling the lands, which they did not own. But they had strong, loving families, healthy minds and bodies, and were happy to serve their benevolent lord.

The Emperor lived in an opulent palace, with more maids and soldiers than one could count. He had several horsemen, whose main duties were to act as messengers and runners, plying the immense stretches of China on their trusty steeds.

There was one horseman whom the Emperor specially favoured. He was young and hardy, skilled in martial arts, with a burning ambition and maturity which belied his age. He was also the fastest rider in the country.

After successfully carrying out an especially difficult task for his master, the horseman was called into the Main Court to receive his reward.

The Emperor said to him, "You are undisputably the fastest rider in the kingdom. I have heard that you even rival the mighty winds. As such, I shall make you an unusual offer. Cover as much land as you can on your horse, and that much of land will be yours."

The horseman was consumed by greed and joy. He thought, "What an opportunity! The Emperor has no idea how much land he is about to lose to me!"

Without delay, he jumped onto his horse and sped off, leaving a trail of sand and dust.

The horseman rode and rode, beating his horse constantly. As he rode, he thought nothing of exhaustion and hunger, his mind focusing madly on the large area of land he would cover.

After several days, after he had covered a substantial amount of land, the horseman finally gave in to hunger and fatigue, and collapsed. With his dying breath, he contemplated aloud, "I have been so eager to get as much land as I could, and thought nothing of my health. Now, I'm dying, and only need a small amount of land with which to bury myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home