Saturday, April 16, 2005

16/4/05

Today i have alot of things to say!

I discovered so many things during the band practice today. First, my mentor, Clarence led his school band in the SYF competition and achieve a Gold award with honour. Oh My GOD!! Thats is soooo good. I really want to imagine how he felt at the time when he heard the results. I think that was heaven. And he handled the band himself!! Thats a million times better than some bands who gotten outside tutors to help. He said he chose a ochestra piece for the choice piece. OMG thats double OMG. No doubt, his musicality is superb. He is really my idol. That kind of achievement will definitely be a kind of feeling that no one can ever imagine. Mind you, this is only his second SYF with that band.

Next, just in case someone is interested, Zhong Hua Secondary School band got a Gold for the competition under the baton of Mr Anthony Chew.

Next, WASBE concerts. I just received an order form for student concession tickets. My westwind president asked me to past to NTU band, but then i'm not in contact with them. Sigh. I want to watch so many concerts but the tickets are too expensive for normal tickets. The student tickets can only be ordered through educational institutions. If i wait for the SISTIC sales date for student tickets, I'm sure all tickets will be sold out. Darn. Any kind friend can get me extra tickets at student rate? Hmm so sad. Tokyo kosei will be the hottest one. BTW below are the bands that are coming in july.

Singapore Youth Wind Orchestra and Singapore Chinese Orchestra, Republic of Korea Navy Band, 10 July

Hong Kong Wind Philharmonia, University of Florida Wind Symphony, 11 July

Westwinds, Young People's Symphonic Band of North Rhine Westphalia, 12 July

Stadtharmonie Zurich Oerlikon-Seebach, Senzoku Gakuen College of Music Wind Ensemble & Ensemble Nouveau, 13 July

Chinese Youth Corps Wind Orchestra, Frysk Fanfare Orchestra & Boston Brass, 14 July

Pacific Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Singapore Armed Forces Central Band, 15 July

International Youth Wind Orchestra, Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra, 16 July

As you can see, theres 2 bands a day. afternoon session is 3.30pm, night at 7.30pm. Tokyo Kosei at 5.30pm

Get tickets from SISTIC or order forms.

Hmm anyone wants to go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home