Thursday, April 07, 2005

7/4/05

My favourite phrase for today," tou2 da4 da4, shen1 ti3 xiao3 xiao3" meaning, head big big, body small small. Thats what happen when you thinking too much. I really feel my head growing. So heavy! i could stare at the notes for god knows how long. only managed to complete 3 lectures. Its taking longer than i thought. People say that i'm so organised with things. Its true when i see how i organise my revision timings. But, if unforeseen circumstances hit me, i'll go total haywire. Its good or bad? Perhaps bad for this ever-changing economy. I hate changes.

Somehow i thought my dog was having a cold war with me. Reason being, I took her bed to become a cushion for my butt. I guess she didn't like that. Ignored me throughout the whole day. But what to do? I don't want my butt to crack just because i sit on the floor for so long.

I'm so loss touch with the world outside, but at least i watch news. I'm growing fat too because i eat so much. Ahhhhh I couldn't believe this is happening to me. Worst than i thought. I need to eat half the amount i usually eat.

I'm living in this world that only has, a table, 4 walls, stack of worksheets, lecture notes and text books, tin of water, a ceiling fan, ceiling light, tiled floor. Dar dar dar! A big Dumbo i'll become. I'm getting crazy soon.

I guess nothing would be interesting in my blog for these few weeks, ah so..... any visitor, please bear with it. :)

Slice of Life

Get and Stay Organised

Often we are overwhelmed because we are holding too many things in our brain. We are trying to make everything a priority and get it done now. When really we can eliminate at least 60% of those things and become more accomplished and successful.

Do you find yourself feeling frustrated that you never have enough time to do the things you really enjoy? Do you go through most of the week feeling hurried, hassled, out of control? Is your home and workplace covered with piles of newspapers, unread magazines, junk-mail, and other papers you are just about to get to? When you need to find something, does it often take minutes or hours of searching to finally find it? Do you have files that bulge or have nothing in them?

Messes in our lives aren't limited to stacks of unread email or that long to-do list. They include unresolved issues in our relationships with others, issues with weight or health, our finances or things we've always wanted to do but thought we never had the time. These unresolved situations and messes in your life are very draining and can become debilitating if you don't take the time to get your physical surroundings and personal life in order. Each time you clean up a mess, you increase your concentration, confidence and energy levels.

Try this exercise that I've seen Michelle use very effectively:

On a blank piece of paper draw lines dividing the paper in four equal parts. In the first section, jot down all the incomplete projects you have started. Include projects from the home and office.

In the second section, jot down all the projects for both the home and office you have been thinking of doing but haven't started yet.

In the third section jot down the things you aren't doing but really would like to start. Make sure to include the things that would give you some special time for yourself. Like reading a few chapters a day or practicing your watercolor painting.

In the fourth section jot down the things you would like to change or remove from your busy life.

Review the sections of your paper and pick one thing to work on every two weeks. If it is small choose a second thing and begin working on that. You will be impressed with how much better you feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home