Monday, April 11, 2005

11/4/05

I can't believe it, I finished 1 module in 2 days. Now left 2 more modules. 3 down, 2 to go. One week before 1st paper. Anyway my first paper is for fun one, cuz I don't need to pass it anyway. I just took the module for interest. I pratically don't care about that paper.

Played some games in between, watched some tv, listen to some cds. My head is just to heavy with technology stuffs now. The 7pm hongkong show is an interesting one. I kinda enjoy it. Especially when people goes together. Except for those evil woman, overall still good show. Haha My mum got angry with that evil woman haha damn funny.

7 days 7 days. Sigh, nothing else in my head except that 7 days. I'll feel empty after the exams, confirm plus guarantee.

Slice of life

See the Positive

Too often, we focus on the negative aspects of any given situation. We imagine that people are always out to hurt or humiliate us; very often, these are our own family members. Every little word or action ill-perceived is twisted into a personal attack. We see our road to our goals as paved with barriers and can't understand why. The world seems full of enemies when really, the only enemy is our attitude.

If we can learn to look at every difficult situation as a present - to see the possibilities it holds as a gift, a great weight is immediately lifted. Every setback is now an opportunity. Imagine the immense empowerment of that kind of attitude!

When you are in a difficult or a stressful situation, ask yourself:
1) Could it be worse?
2) Are there lessons I can learn to avoid a similar situation in the future?
3) What good can be realized?
4) What am I going to do about it?

COULD IT BE WORSE? Most of the time, things could always be worse. By reflecting on a worse situation, it helps put the current situation into perspective. We realize that very often, we're being overly-sensitive or excessively affected by a stressful situation.

ARE THERE LESSONS I CAN LEARN TO AVOID A SIMILAR SITUATION IN THE FUTURE? Look at the situation. Could it have been avoided? Mistakes are our greatest teachers and one of the most amazing abilities we possess is the capacity for greater knowledge and wisdom! No sense dwelling on the past. Recognize and think of ways for the future to avoid a similar situation.

WHAT GOOD CAN BE REALIZED? This is the gift. Sometimes you have to look deeply. Sometimes you don't even realize until later. But in every situation, there is a positive, you just have to find it! Your heart will thank you for empowering it instead of pressurizing it.

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Very often, simply by taking action, you can begin to make your situation better. Many people just mope and languish. But not you - think about what you can do and do it now! There may yet come a time when there is nothing you can do to help yourself or others. But the time is not now. Leap forward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home