Sunday, April 17, 2005

17/4/05

Tomorrow is the day for my first paper. Can anyone hear my heart race? Although its just a general elective, and I don't need to pass it to complete my degree, I would still want to do my best for it. I couldn't aim so high because i didn't put much effort into that module. I just did my tutorial thats all. No extra reading, no participation in project, little participation in class. My quiz sux anyway for that module.

My dog is just so funny. It went to Bishan park with my parents and did a little exercise there. What happened to it now? Sleeping sweet and sound beside my father. Whats my dad doing? Playing his favourite racing game, Gran Turismo 4. The dog is just so dead tired. And its damn funny cuz no matter how near i go to it, it just doesn't show any sign of alertness.

Westwinds practice today is just so tired. Come to think of it, playing music does give you abs. I mean the muscles. Haha. I've never played using so much energy before. And remember about the Osaka trip I talked about? I really don't know if i should go. The way they put it is like so fun. 5 days official trip, then take bullet train to Tokyo for another 2 days to watch Tokyo Kosei's concert in Tokyo for FREE!. Well, our boss said he could get us to watch it for free. Its like a chance in a life time. Its worth it for a 1.5k to 2k price right? See the world. But I'm not very close with the people there.... hmm if i go, my main aim is to connect with the nature there. I bet the trees and flowers are beautiful.

I think I should tell myself that I have done my best to prepare myself for the exam tomorrow. If something funny comes out, then i could only say that i'm suay. Sigh, self contentment. Ah head pain now. Can't handle stress. WHAT A WEAKLING (myself)

Talk about weakling. I watched this show called The Apprentice before i went to bed. This show(game show) is about these few people working together as a team for a company for various projects. At the end of the day, these few people will enter a room for a board meeting where the directors would decide who is the weakest of them all for that day and fire that person. So for this episode, there were only 3 person left, and they have lost a business deal. During the board meeting, the directors would have to evaluate the performance of those 3 people by asking questions. There was such a big commotion there that they seems to be fighting verbally. Oh i didn't mention, 2 ladies, 1 guy. The guy was the project manager. So he gave pure comments about the performances of the 2 ladies. But one of the ladies got so worked up and she kept yelling and shouting," No thats Not True, I made this and gave creative ideas, thats not true that i didn't do anything!"

In the end, the 2 ladies had strong and loud verbal confrontation while that guy, trying to defend himself, had no chance to talk at all! the 2 ladies are just so damn loud. The Director got enough of it and wacked the table *bam bam bam!* "THats enough of you. Andy (that guy), you are being pounded you know, and i can't have a person like that leading the company. you're fired!"

The scene is just so dramatic. I would remember that for life. Am I going to face such situations? Where shouting and yelling is the way to keep my rice bowl intact? Where pushing blame and stabbing people is the only way out? And some people really just don't listen, they just talk. They didn't even give the guy a chance to talk. You have to work your voice louder than them to be heard. And those ladies talked damn fast. Its worst than 2 cymbals crashing in front of you. Should I learn from this? Being firm with ideas, contronting people, talking louder than others? Maybe i should try for one semester and see what happens. Joking. I don't like to do those kind of things. *Pray*, please don't let me work with westerners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home