Wednesday, May 11, 2005

11/5/05

Feeling alot better. Just that my breathing system hasn't fully recover. I'm still in the drowsy state. Still taking medicine.

Even though the world is floating, I forced myself to read some law documents. OMG, the words are floating too. Can't believe it. Even when payments are made to onerous contracts, we have to consider if its a revenue or capital expenditure. OMG. FYP.... Law.... haha. COME SUE ME!

I have forgotten how to smile. Throughout these few days, my parents seems to be behaving rather odd. I could feel it when something is wrong. 3-4 days of coldness, then 1 day of happiness, and suddenly coldness till now. I really don't know what to say about them. But I bet they didn't know that such coldness is affecting me. Its affecting my deepest control system of emotions. From young till now, had been like that. It was worst when me and my parents shared 1 room when i was young. All those screaming and throwing of stuffs. I could only hid under my blanket and weep quietly.

Who has caused me to have such an emotional heart? Perhaps to say, a weak heart? Why do I hate girls with loud voices? Its the fear inside.

I would like to beg all my friends not to tell me anything regarding relationships. I have lost faith.

I have seen so many girls' respond to "why they don't want to get married". And mostly said," Because I don't want to be binded." Those kind are career type women. Who wants those kind of women anyway.

And to all women out there. PLease don't think that only girls get disgusted by guys. Guys can get disgusted by girls too. Who in the world set the rule that girl can scold guys while guys have to be gentlemen and let girls scold?

Why are good guys hard to find now? Because they have seen through the world and all went into hiding. Slowly, think of the changes from ancient time till now. What has changed and what hasn't change. Figure out yourself.

And to the Society: Please don't see Bachelors as wierd aliens. They should be given equal rights for everything.

P.S All thoughts here are only for discussion online, not for real life talking. Nothing regarding this subject matter should be discussed out of this virtual world.

Slice of Life

The Power of Asking Questions

You've probably heard the joke about how men can never ask for directions while driving. You know, how they will drive round in circles, hopelessly lost, yet are maddeningly confident about where they're going - "Don't worry dear, I know it's just after the next turn". How they will sooner eat their foot than admit they're lost and consult a passer-by?

Well, I don't know how true this is - only a woman passenger can know. But I do know that in being afraid of asking questions, one loses out on the opportunity to learn something, to improve oneself, to make things better.

Asking questions is an essential way we all learn - after all, a Chinese proverb goes "He who asks is a fool for a minute. He who doesn't ask is a fool forever". But the power of asking questions goes beyond simply asking other people questions. Asking ourselves the right questions can also have a dramatic impact on our self improvement, success and happiness.

There are times when we find ourselves in difficult or uncomfortable situations, or even in a position where we feel completely overwhelmed. It can be very easy to say 'what have I done to deserve this?' or 'why does this always happen to me?'

However, these questions are destructive and only serve to prepare us for future disappointments. In fact, they can actually guarantee it! The questions we ask ourselves reflect our state of mind, reinforce our beliefs and have a huge impact on our results.

We all experience events that seem too overwhelming to deal with, and there is a great deal of valuable information available to help in these situations. But in almost any situation, no matter how bad it may seem, there is usually something positive that can be found.

Actually asking the question 'what can I learn from this situation?' is a great starting point, even if you only learn what not to do in the future. But you can go much further. It has often been said that when one door closes another opens; and that in every setback lies opportunity. Don't just stare at the closed door - why not try asking yourself what opportunities are now available, or what doors have just opened for you? It will improve your state of mind and may just change your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home