Sunday, January 01, 2006

31/12/05

A new year, a fresh start. Past yr was ups and then downs. Its just like the stock market, cyclical. Just hope that I'm going on a rising trend next sem.

New year celebration was cool. Its with the westwinds people. Wow, its really alot of excitment being with them although I'm mostly quiet with them. I get to see Japanese band competition top bands performance on a DVD. I get to see Final Fantasy Advent children on a Double layer DVD. The feeling is really different from MPEG format. I get to have a free flow of alcohol again. I received a set of nice gift containing a photo album (wonder what i should put inside), a cast puzzle (level 4: cast ring), a DVD containing a recording made during Westwinds visit to Yodogawa high school (a live performance by Yodogawa, just for Westwinds). Very valuable gifts.

Alcohol

Wow, tested so many types. It is today that i know that there is Ice wine too. I tried that ice wine and I heard its damn expensive because its made from Ice berg water. Then I tried a red wine (something pipe). Damn hot (not temperature sense). Then I tried a white wine also (can't remember the name). It has a meat smell to me, eeks. Then I get to taste the Baileys!! Really very thick taste. On second thought, haa I might not like it that much, only to a certain extent that it is sweet. I wonder if there is a totally sweet alcohol drink.

Another stupid idea came into my mind. There are 3 types of after-drinking reaction. First, the person becomes crazy and talks rubbish. Second, the person becomes blur and confess all truth. Third, the person becomes quiet and don't want to talk. Haa, I belong to the third type. No one will be able to dig up my secrets even if i'm drunk haaa. No in a million years.

Gifts exchange

Well, its my mistake again. I didn't see in the email that there is a price range for the gifts. In the end, I bought a super cheap stuff loh. Well, its way below price requirement. Blur me. But the gift looks great even though its cheap. Its a scent bottle. Nice blue colour sand dust inside with a few sticks, shells, and pearls (fake one i suppose). It looks like an abstract of a sea shore. And, I really bought suitable gifts because its a lady who received my gift (random). Its a lady for the second year (different person). Next yr should be more focus on buying the gift for a lady? haa

WestWinds

The band, an established lot, is really good when it comes to organizing a function. Everything seems just so easy. Pot luck they say, and all the dishes are up, prepared by all the different sections. Where in the world you see such prompt responses from different sections when it comes to gatherings. Its really a successful one.

Even though I might have been unhappy with certain things inside, I think its still a place worthwhile to stay on. And its not as though its easy to get into the band, and I am the privileged one (no audition). With such establishment, progress, musicianship proficiency, cohesiveness, positive culture (with some negative ones of course), how would I bear to leave that place.

I am grateful that my friend has invited me into another band, but I will be losing so much if I leave westwinds. Westwinds is a place where I can don't worry about instrument problems, membership problems, score problems, logistics problems, politics problems, conductor problems, concert problems. One problem that present is only the location problem, which I can compromise. To be sure, I have actually made thorough consideration before coming to this conclusion. Even though I didn't join the band that you are handling, it doesn't mean that I don't think that the band is not good. Its just that I'm coming from a different perspective. I've been in westwinds for more than 2 years, and I hope to continue from there. I'm sure you can find another eupho player that could be better than me.

A probable misunderstanding

I remember that there was a time, where I told someone that if I were to see her working in the audit firm that I'm currently working, I will be a whistle blower to what ever she does wrong, and I'll make life difficult for her (through msn). I guess that made her gave me an "eeks" reaction. But i guess she doesn't know that I'm just joking. After that time, I think she didn't talk to me again. Haaa, although we seldom talk but we do talk, sometimes. Now, totally none. haa. And her msn nick seems to always add salt onto my wound. Well, I'll send a birthday sms on her birthday and see what's her reaction. (probably: "Thankz" on the surface, but actually "F*** off lah").

(Thats all for confession)

Gathering place

I think I should describe the place a bit. Its a damn nice place. Should be considered a condo? a bunglow? a semi D? Or what? I also donno. There is a security guard at the entrance but the house is 4 storeys, not highrise. carpark is below the house at the basement. The outside look like a garden where the neighbours are just opposite (no roads in between). The whole place just look not like Singapore. Its a foreign paradise in Singapore. There are pool, gym, and any other things that you can find in Condo. Beautiful.

One thing not so good... or maybe its acceptable is that, you can see your neighbour sitting at their sofa when you are in the living room. Well, hope no nasty neighbours for them haa.

Back home

First thing, bathe. I got a baby cockroach accompanying me. I first saw it under my feet. I wonder how it got there. Then, it started running around in circles, and I "danced" with it. I just hate the itchy feeling when it touches your feet. In the end, it was clever enough to hide under a pair of arching slippers (taking shelter from my shower bombardment). I keep looking at the slippers to ensure that it doesn't come out to attack me while I was completing my bathing. I just don't want to start the year by killing one living thing. No wonder I am called Bug. I started my year dancing with cockroach.

My mum bought me a new water bottle. Although its not big enough, its expensive. Really like the feeling of receiving gifts (surprises). Now I know why girls like surprise gifts. Ha, too bad, I don't go around giving people gifts. I'm a miser I admit. Or perhaps, a consciencious cost controller. I'll only spend when its meaningful for me to do so.

Talking about spending, I will be operating on intense cost control next sem due to no income input. So hope my friends will understand me if i behave like an ass. I'm not like some people who are born in families that do not have to worry about those kind of things. I'm very proud of my parents though. Fought to get what we have today.

I think I've spoken too much today. must be the alcohol. (Bailey tastes cool!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home