Friday, May 26, 2006

26/5/06

I got a feeling that I've been let out of jail, OKAY~~!! And phew, I got a hot BABE with me HOOOOOOOOO~~!! (*cough cough, clear throat) When did I sound like that Japanese variety show guy haa (you know who).

Orchard lunch! And I hate PIZZAs HOOOOOOOOO~~!! Oh but theres no Pizza in the Pizza walk something restaurant... so pasta HOOOOOO~~!! And someone was so interested in the softshell crab. I could even imagine it talking and dancing on the spaghetti.
And me, making a fool out of myself again. When the lagsania (donno how to spell la) came, I still got the face to ask the chef:" i thought i ordered Spaghetti?" There's no Spaghetti for that dish!! HOOOOO~~! (I should have done this ---> SAY! SAY! SAY! SHUTUP! Give me my spaghetti baked meat!)

Oh ya, pardon me if i'm a little quiet cuz, I'm SHY! (you don't have to believe it.) I guess, no... i confirm i'm not those who can entertain people really well. But, thats me, OKAY~~~!!

Then my friend got to leave me at orchard because I'm too boring. But I didn't accept the fate that i'm gonna feel bored the rest of the day. I did a little walk there and came up with my wishlist. So, I've decided, for every month that i work, I'm gonna reward myself by buying something for myself. So heres it.

For the first month, I'm gonna get myself a Wallet cuz my current one got hole... but still useable.

In the second month, I'm gonna get myself the super high quality SOny earphone that filters out surrounding sound. This is to ensure that my team IC will find it hard to ask me to do sai gang when he needs me to. I'm gonna listen to music when i work. I don't care!

For the rest of the months, I'll think of something. haa

For dinner, my mum cooked great samba fish, fried nuggets and pork ribs!! SUper. And I get to eat peppermint and chocolate ice cream for desert. Luckily i jogged before dinner, or else i'll get fat again!

Someone requested for the korean drama's story line for today's episode. Hmm hope i remember, here goes.

"1989, the childhood of the 3 main characters. I'll call the lady L, the lee dong jian guy as J and the other guy as Z. Z and J knew each other in school and met L in a small store. L stood up for Z and J when the store keeper accused them for stealing things. All 3 ran and escaped from the store keeper.

They met up at a church one day, vowing to be great friends forever. Z and J vowed, even to protech L till the day they die.

1992, J went missing near the river and is no where to be found. L and Z thought J died.

Today, L is a camera woman for a press/magazine firm. Z is the son of a wealthy business man. But his father doesn't seems to like him alot. Z's family did not treat Z well as Z lives with his mother. And there seems to be a power struggle between Z and his elder brother who stays with his father in a big house.

Z likes L but L doesn't seems so. L treats Z like her brother. L still thinks about J.

Today, J appears as a japanese who is the son of a big insurance company owner. J has a date with a famous korean actress on a cruise. L was asked by her firm to take a close shot at the 2 person's intimacy. Thus, L hid in the big dining room behind the curtains trying to take some photos. J noticed it and ask the actress to leave the room using an excuse- asking her to go to another place to choose wine.

Now, L was discovered! To find out what will happen next, watch tv!"

Today's slice of life is dedicated to someone

Slice of Life

How Do You Measure Happiness?

Happiness is something that most people are concerned about and want. Athenian philosopher Aristotle once said that "Happiness is the end for which human beings are designed."

But, it seems that many people are confused about happiness. Sure, we know that it's important, but it's surprising how many people are not happy and how many are looking for happiness in the wrong places.

Some of us think the more we have the happier we'll be. Think about the times in your life when you bought something because you thought it would make you happy. How long did the joy last? On hindsight, was it really worth the effort and money? There is so much pressure in our culture to buy and to have. But there is a rude awakening to actually attaining the things that you think will make you happy. It is often so disappointing. How many times have you wanted something, only to find once you had it, it didn't give you the joy and happiness that you expected?

Someone else cannot make you happy. One of the myths of our society is that finding the perfect mate will bring perfect happiness. However, people who depend on others for their personal happiness are often bitterly disappointed. True happiness comes from knowing yourself, your values, and what you like to do, not from someone else knowing these things about you. We also have to understand that happiness is not guaranteed. It is not a right. If we can fully understand this truth, then we'll cherish happiness more when it comes, and grieve less when it goes.

Questions about human happiness are not new; they have been asked throughout time. But no one else can really tell you how to find happiness. Also, what makes you happy changes with time. In reality happiness is a personal thing with as many varieties as there are individuals. The bottom line is that we are all experts on our own personal happiness, no one else holds the key or the answers to it. I would like to end this programme by sharing a statement by Robert Louis Stevenson:

"Make the best of your circumstances, No one has everything and everyone has something of sorrow intermingled with the gladness of life. The trick is to make the laughter outweigh the tears. Don't take yourself too seriously. You can't please everybody; don't let your neighbours set your standards, do the things you enjoy doing, but stay out of debt. Don't borrow trouble. Imaginary things are harder to bear than the actual ones. Since hate poisons the soul, do not cherish enmities, grudges. Don't hold post-mortems. Don't spend your life brooding over sorrow and mistakes. Don't be one who never gets over things. Do what you can for those less fortunate than yourself. Keep busy at something. A very busy person never has time to be unhappy."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home