Sunday, March 20, 2005

20/03/05

I finally finish watching the korean drama. Its called The Bride. Super highly recommended. I just feel so touched at the end. I can't stand it. Totally unrealistic scenario, but i'll still want to believe that its somewhere out there. That show just brings me to think about all the relationship issues, and the current situations in the society that we are seeing today. This just pains me. Well nothing much to pain actually. Its the evolution of the roles of males and females.

Someone once told me that I give them a feeling that I'm a very traditional guy. I don't know what makes them think that way, but I think i'm just not totally a traditional one. I'm just mixed inside. Because of all the things i've read and the life i see out there, thinking would be mould in a way different from the traditional one. Although I feel that the balance could just be bigger in the traditional or even prehistoric times, this just couldn't happen now.

Because of the change in the current society, economy, rules, and thinking, roles of males and females have taken a great turn into one big mess. Perhaps some of you might not see it as a big thing, or perhaps its a better thing after all. I guess everyone has their own views. Haha I think i better stop here. I'll type a full essay on this when i have more time. Its pretty late.

Anyway, I feel damn touched by the show. Its really too good. It shows how a marriage should be, not just a legally binding status. Its for all people out there to reflect. It somehow puts forth to me the question of," do you marry the one you love, or love the one you marry?" The different just lies in the sequence. And also, the big question is, do you want your partner to love you more, or you want to love your partner more.

My answer to that is that it doesn't matter what the sequence is, and it doesn't matter whether you love your partner more or whether your partner loves you more. This reason is clear. First, love cannot be quantify, and it cannot be measured. Second, the level of love doesn't stop there when marriage comes. It moves up and down. Whatever it is, the thing is that, there will be a balance in the end. Consider if you have love your partner more, then you will do more things for him/her. If your partner is a human, he/she will know that and feels that. In turn, that person will do the same for you. That is status quo. A cliche," it takes 2 hands to clap." You know what it means.

The reason why people breaks up so easily these days is that, the culture has changed dramatically. If you want to talk about theories, then it just mean that the cost of breaking up has diminished dramatically as compared to the benefits of breaking up. In the past, the virtue of faithfulness, loyalty, understanding, determination, and beliefs, all plays a part in getting things together. Now, who cares about that? The constant flooding of western cultures, and the increasing number of foreign people staying in singapore has created this new flow of culture. Its like water added with wine, more blurred.

Well, all these are just my thinking. I just feel too much.

Today's band. I finally reconciled with my euphonium. I communicated with it by taking it to a private place, and played something that reflects my feelings. It seems to have understood me and cared for me. I was able to play well today, as compared to 2 weeks ago. Thats the kind of understanding i need. Thankz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home