Sunday, March 13, 2005

12/03/05

I had spent the whole day trying to clear all my tutorials in one day so that i can concentrate on all the projects on hand tomorrow. However, after much thought, it seems like I could only proceed with 1 out of 4 projects. And that one tutor hasn't post the tutorial questions online, ask me do what. Waste my time waiting again.

Today I met a friend to pass things. The friend: someone who knows me very well, someone who I could talk to about anything from real serious stuff to real stupid stuffs. You came just in time to listen to me even though the purpose of the meeting isn't for me to pour out my troubles. Is it a wierd coincidence? Or you have read my troubles here? Whatever the case, I just want to say Thank you. Don't ask me why. Thank you.

Somehow, things have been different already right? There are things that I couldn't open my mouth to ask because circumstances has changed. We couldn't talk that freely anymore. Questions like," How have you been?" " Are you happy?" just couldn't come out. Looking at you, I assumed that those questions are answered. Thankz for time. 2.5 hrs was really short eh. I was surprise to find out that the 2.5 hrs didn't feel like one. Time was travelling too fast.

It was a 2.5hrs of travel back in time. Don't worry, I'll get back after the 2.5hrs. At least I know someone view me as the person I am, not the abilities I have, or the things I know. I could sense how people view me, and thats scary. And I know you view me differently, and I'm glad.

If you need my help at anytime, just call, even if its just for casual talk or drinking. I don't know if its right to look for you, most prob I won't. I'll be glad to be of any help. (end: words that are never sent out)

Slice of Life

The Burning Hut Life is never a bed of roses, as some would say. It is like a whirling wind that sweeps off every possible thing in place. In short, life isn't a sweet and perfect fairytale.

Perhaps you have experienced a broken heart and never heal it. Perhaps you have stumbled and fell and never have the courage to get up. Perhaps you have a near perfect life but to be shattered with no warning. And then, look up to the sky and wonder why Life is mistreating you.

It is easy to get discouraged over the smallest failure and easier to blame then taking the blame. But perhaps, it's time for us to wake up and realise that everything happens for a reason.

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small, deserted island. He prayed feverishly for God to rescue him, and every day he scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect him, and to store his few possessions.

But then one day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames, the smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened; everything was lost. He was stunned with grief and anger.

Early the next day, however, he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island.

It had come to rescue him.

"How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers.

"We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

It is easy to get discouraged when things are going badly. But we shouldn't lose heart. Remember, the next time your little hut is burning to the ground, it just may be a smoke signal that summons help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home