Friday, April 29, 2005

29/4/05

Last paper gone!! Come to think of it, it was quite a difficult one. Although its open book, its write and write and write and write non stop. But its over and I have done my best. What ever the result would be for this paper, I'll accept it because I have really done my best. Hee

My holiday plans, Games and more games!!. Other than that, I would want to continue my Jap studies, practice on my eupho for WASBE, read a few books. The first book is Change your life in 5 days. The second book is Sun Tze tactics of war for businesses. I need to enhance my stress tolerance level. After seeing myself during this past sem, I know I quite a weakling. I need to change hee.

On my way back from exam, A van break into fire on the road outside bukit batok MRT station. Then near another bus stop, I saw a kid running and fell flat on the ground. Hmm quite happening today.

Slice of Life


Using Humour to Build Stronger Relationships

Can the quality of a relationship be judged using humour?

If there is plenty of laughter present, you can safely assume that the relationship is a healthy one. When the laughter ceases you can be quite sure that the relationship is on the down slide. This "laughter barometer" can be applied to any relationship, at home, at work and at play. Laughter means that you're having fun and that means you're enjoying each other's company. It means that you and your partner are comfortable and intimate enough to be able to laugh at each other and yourselves.

Just think about the couples you know. How often and how effortlessly do they laugh with each other?
Here are a few ways that can help laughter remain an ever-present reality in your relationship.

First of all, remember that a sense of humor is learned, not inherited. So don't write yourself off if you think you're not humourous. Allow other people too, to develop a sense of humour.

Also, look for humour everywhere. When something strikes you as funny, enjoy it. Let the laughter flow. And wherever possible, share it with your partner. Begin to cultivate an atmosphere of humor and laughter in your relationships. Learn to be able to laugh at each other and at yourselves. If you can't laugh at yourselves, you leave the job to others.

You and your partner should spend more time around humourous and fun-loving people. You have to understand and accept that no matter how enjoyable your relationship may be, laughing with one person all the time can become hackneyed. So enjoy your partner with your friends. Don't falsely assume that the reason is because you or your partner has become boring. We all need variation and third-party input from time to time.

Keep your eyes peeled for funny items in the papers, in magazines and on the Internet. Extract them and share them. Watch comedy programmes. Remember witty lines and share them.

You can also use humour to neutralise conflict in your relationships. When things get tense, use self deprecating humour to lighten things up. When an disagreement ensues, we often get carried away by our feelings of anger and pride, and this aggravates the situation. If you practise using laughter as a lubricant to slide over these tricky humps, you'll be able to avoid many unpleasant quarrels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home