Tuesday, June 07, 2005

7/6/05

A scary morning. Mum and dad had been poisoned by a can of sardines. Vomiting and diarrhoea. I didn't know sardines can poison people. My mum cooked the sardines nicely yesterday, and I ate them too but I didn't get poisoned. How do we know its the sardines? My dad went to see a doc and he said sardines can poison people. No more sardines for my family haha. Luckily they are ok now. The doc is damn funny. He asked my father to drink 100plus to regain energy.

I managed to finish reading a law case and halfway through an article. I wonder why those writers have to write long long long sentences. Made my head turn then turn and turn. I couldn't resist from playing my Grandia extreme, so I stopped after 2 hrs of reading.

In the evening, I have this urge of going to the Toa Payoh garden again. I actually wanted to rest my body before i jog again tomorrow, but then, haha I jogged today. The same route, the same distance. Great weather as usual, just a slight drizzle. Hope I don't go back to my bony self haha. Eat more!!

Slice of Life
Step Out!

Everyone wants a better life, right? We all want more health, more love, more wisdom, more money, our own successful business, our own book or CD, our own villa by the sea. Sure, we want these things, but how many of us actually step out and try to make our dreams happen?

Most people think about achieving more success but the idea dies right where it was born. Ask anyone and they'll tell you they want bigger, better things, but day after day they go through the motions in a job that gives them no joy. Why?

Because although most people can dream, they do not believe their dreams can actually come true. Success and rags-to-riches stories are in their face to convince them otherwise, but it seems the eyes are looking, but they don't really see. Somehow, most of us have been conditioned to think that our present lot is the best we're ever going to have, and venturing out is dangerous - "what if I lose money?", "what if nobody buys my book?", "what if my heart gets broken again?".

My question is - so what? As Helen Keller once said "Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Do you really want to sit at that desk ten hours a day, typing till your wrists and back ache? Do you really want to continue accepting lowly assignments from a supervisor who bears a grudge against you? Do you really want to carry your talents and love to the grave?

Every one of us possesses a skill that is valuable. Almost any hobby can be turned into a business. And if you note every idea that pops into your head, no matter how common or silly at the time, you'll realize that if you had the gumption to develop them, you could be the next entrepreneur du jour!

Opportunities are out there. Even if you think you haven't a shred of talent, which I doubt, simple hard work and determination to succeed will get you places you never dreamed you could reach. But before all that can happen, you must make up your mind to step out and grab your share of life.

It may seem frightening to step out. But this fear lasts only a while. The comfort of conformity soon pales in comparison to the power, passion and excitement that comes with any bold, new, purposeful action.

Absorb the wisdom of one of the most powerful and richest women in entertainment, Oprah Winfrey, who said "Use what you have to run toward your best - that's how I now live my life."

So step out today and run toward your best - live your life now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home