Thursday, March 31, 2005

30/03/05

Blog 30/3/05

Can you believe it, I got pissed by the same person again. Lets just name that person D.

It started this way. I was walking along the corridor when I saw D walking towards me. I made a small wave to signal hello, and D did the same.

“Hey have you seen it?” D asked.
“See what?” I replied, quite unsure of what D was asking.
“ You haven’t see it? “
“ What and what>?”
“ Have you checked your email?” D continued
“ Haven’t yet.”
“ Wa lao! Damn slacker!” D exclaimed
“ Thankz ah” I said, as I turned my back halfway, trying to get away. (40% boiling.)
“ You go and see, I’ve typed already. I don’t understand your point form. Donno what” D said.
“ Ok, I’ll see later, ok.” Replied with my back facing D. I can’t stand it anymore.

Well the background of the story is that I was allow to type my points of an essay in point form, and D offered to type them out. So I did. Well, you might think that it’s just a small thing, but tell you, working with D isn’t such a nice thing cuz whatever you say, D would just dispute it. So, if D thinks I’m a lousy group member, I’ll grant that thought. Self-Fulfilling prophecy. I can’t be bothered to change that thought.

First reason for me to boil, D didn’t tell me that the email was sent already. Second, I can’t be waiting at the computer and keep on checking the email for the document. Third, telling me that I’m a slacker, not justifiable. Forth, telling me that you don’t understand my point form in that tone doesn’t make my effort look good. So, I’ve done something that gives you problem? Then don’t ask me do it next time.

Well, that much for the complaint. Now I’m beginning to get back to my music mind. I have started to buzz my mouthpiece every night without fail. Thankz to the Swing girls (jap movie). One more observation: if you look into the sky when you listen to orchestral music, you’ll get a different feeling.

That’s all for today. Lets see if more bad things would befall on me again.

Slice of life

Stay Young Longer!

Humankind has always been obsessed with living longer, even forever, with stories of kings commissioning Elixirs of Life, and countless anti-aging treatments and herbal infusions that claim to prolong youth. There're also medical experts who believe that the causes of aging have cures; they simply haven't been found yet.

This quest for immortality has gained further momentum with the Methuselah Prize or M-Prize reaching one million dollars (Mar 2005). The growing prize, offered by the Methuselah Foundation, is designed to stimulate anti-aging research with the ultimate goal of making us all live forever. The prize offers awards to researchers who make significant advances in extending the lives of lab mice - on the assumption that the work will lead eventually to extended human life.

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that, but gerontologists do claim that 70 percent of the aging process is controllable with the right lifestyle choices. The traditional aging process that our society has adopted unnecessarily relegates middle age people to early decline. Now this I believe is true.

Aging is inevitable but getting old is strictly an option. You don't have to buy into society's model for how people age. Take charge of your life and refuse to shrink into the typical, fossilised old age we've come to accept as normal.

Observe old people. What is it about their "oldness" you would like to avoid? How strong and flexible are you, mentally and physically? Keep and improve what you can, while you can! You know, Youth makes us arrogant. Everyday we look into the mirror and see a seemingly unchanging image. We like what we see, so we do nothing. By the time we start worrying, it might be too late.

Also, plan your financial future. Health is paramount, but wealth helps a great deal. And avoid the ultimate social disease. It's called retirement. Once you internalise that you are no longer productive, that you no longer have goals, decline sets in very quickly. Everything slows - movement, reaction time, thinking, walking, talking. The mind and body go into a shutdown mode in preparation for the final event - death. So, even if you stop working, continue contributing and being useful. Re-wire your life to embrace new activities and ambitions.

Immortality might still be a pipe dream, or a nightmare, depending on how you look at it, but it's in our best interest to try to stay young and productive for as long as we can. Reach out and savour the best of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home