Thursday, March 31, 2005

31/03/05

I'm entering a state of Dong1 Mian2. Today is so cold. But, I went jogging. Its the second time after i recovered from my bad flu. Well, exercising just makes me so sleepy in the morning. Now i sleep so nicely during my bus ride to school.

Anyway, I've started to behave differently now. And its a good way. I wonder why I change my behavior so often. Its just tooo volatile. Who likes a person with highly volatile behavior? Just like a share or income level. No one likes a fluctuating share price and income. Well, now i feel calmer and more peaceful. After making myself going through some music therapy, I've gone into dream again. Its in preparation for the final dash for my exams. This sem is going to be a tough tough one.

My mind too a turn when my friend told me a good news. However, no one knows whether that news is true or not. Anyway its about school. Not going to put any details here. Currently, I've only told 2 person. After hearing the news, I need to work even harder to get what I want. No matter how doubtful I am regarding this semester's modules, I'm just gonna do my best and leave everything else to fate. I don't resign to fate but... sometimes you just have to believe in it. As long as i do my best, I am accountible to myself. A chinese saying goes like this," planning depends on human, success depends on heaven". Quite true.

Oh ya, last week I twisted my ankle after walking out from a lecture hall at 10.30am. Today, I went to that spot and smile at my dumbness. The uneven ground was just so small. One word, "Suay".

Slice of Life

The Seven Wonders of the World

A group of geography students studied the Seven Wonders of the World. At the end of that section, the students were asked to list what they considered to be the Seven Wonders of the World.

Though there was some disagreement, these got the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids
2. Taj Mahal
3. Grand Canyon
4. Panama Canal
5. Empire State Building
6. St. Peter's Basilica
7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student, a quiet girl, hadn't turned in her paper yet. So she asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The quiet girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many."

The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help." The girl hesitated, then read, "I think the Seven Wonders of the World are:"

1. to touch
2. to taste
3. to see
4. to hear

She hesitated a little, and then,

5. to run
6. to laugh
7. and to love

Just because some things are in abundance doesn't make them less precious. Mothers delivering their babies occurs regularly enough, but think about the amount of effort, sacrifice, agony, and endurance that went on nine months before. And all the possible things that could've gone wrong but didn't. All the complexities involved in conception, pregnancy, and the final delivery, and how everything worked together to create another life - a miracle in itself.

Things like the Great Wall, the Pyramids of Egypt, may be wondrous in the sheer immensity and architectural genius involved, but these are not the things which make life worth living. Seek out the true wonders of the world - your family, your friends, your ability to appreciate and enjoy the simple things in life.

STORY BY UNKNOWN AUTHOR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home