Friday, April 07, 2006

7/4/06

School today isn't exciting. Bored--> one word explains all.

Went home and rushed myself to finish something. Nearly died. And when I finished it, it was 6.30pm. I happily thought that the concert is 7.30pm. But, the ticket stated otherwise. Its starting at 7.00pm!!

I turned into superman and changed in lightning speed, fly at the speed of light. reached VCH in 30 mins time...... Its my record. Personal best. My leg was shaking when i sat down in VCH. crazy.

So, its that band. Won't name it but its a Sec school band. I'm surprise that the fundamentals have improved tremendously. No wonder can get Gold with distinction at an international competition. Well, sound has improved, tuning seems to be good. But something is lacking. I couldn't indulge in the sound...

Everything seems to be at the loud dynamic. Even at soft passages, the players are using full strength to play those notes.... I wonder. Anyway its good fundamentals because when the notes need to come out, it will come out. It solve one problem but created another. Everything to me was loud, especially percussion (nothing against them but just can't stand percussionist who aren't sensitive to band sound balance). Oh ya, one particular tenor saxophonist was super loud. I can hear a striking reedy sound loh. Well, throughout a few pieces.

Oh the great thing is the tuning sequence. Wow is my reaction. Tuning is good and sound is powerful. Appropriate for tuning notes. But I thought we shouldn't play the pieces like how you play your tuning notes?

Well, I'm only talking about band sound not eupho sound lah. I think eupho ganna flooded again, as usual. We are the pity souls. No one understands the sorrow of eupho. Always get flooded for nothing.

I shall get myself into the mood of composing yet another sorrowful piece. Perhaps I'll post it up when i finish it. haaa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home