Saturday, November 20, 2004

19/11/04

Hi guys, today I'm going to type a very very very long blog. Please bear with me. I'll first post the Slice of life so for those who only wanna see it can see it and log off. I'm a bit drunk now, so please bear with my language.

Slice of life

Ops...... theres no slice of life today. Sorry folks

Diary

I was awoken by the sound of the main door closing. I knew someone went out. Its was my mum. She went out with my dad. I know it would be very awkward if she were to be at home with me, so she made a right choice by going out with my father to work. Btw my father... nah i shouldn't say what he is working as in the day haha.

I was alone in the house, so i continued watching the korean show, Winter Sonata. I watched 5 discs. I find that the way they film the show is just soo special. The every moment, the every slient in the middle of a conversation, the every expression, and every scene can mean so many things. Slient is most effectively used by them. It lets people think and feel while watching.

I also find that the story seems to be similar in the Seasons Series (Autumn, Winter, Summer). Spring is not out yet. They always begin with A & B being a couple. Then, C appears in the middle, and A(girl) likes C, and C likes A. However a dilemma between C and B. A will let B down. In B's eyes, C is always the one snatching A away. But most likely, A & C gets together in the end. But sad ending always comes after that because one will die from something.

The punching scene from the different shows (Winter vs Summer) has some similarity as well. C always engage in a punching scene because of A. C either gets punched or he punched another party because of A. Well, the person who is punched will always fall so gracefully haha. I really find that its an artistic way of filming a punching scene. Nice one.

Anyway, there are some phrases that are quite vivid to me. "A best gift to a dead person is to forget them" I think this phrase applies elsewhere as well. "If you love the person, you won't be able to find a reason why you love him" This is what i believe so too. I also find out that misunderstandings between 2 parties can cause a real havoc. Before any conclusion is being set upon a person, I think its better that you find that you confirm any allegation being brought upon by another person.

Thats all about Winter Sonata for now. Wait till i got more to say about it. After the 5 cds, it was about 6pm. I was thinking about drinking. I wanted to get out of house. I need a place to drink. So i went out. I took 145, travelled the usual route to city hall, and walked to suntec first. I wanted to just window shop with a sober mind first. I went to carrefour to search for the Concert dvds. They are really so cheap. As I was walking around the Food section, I overheard this small conversation.

The guy was walking towards a girl, holding a bag of something (i don't know whats that but maybe tapioca). He said to the girl, holding up the bag," this one cost 11 bucks ah. Wa lao eat gold ah."
I walked away and smiled. Nice joke for me.

I went to the Harry's in Esplanade after that. Its my favourite pub, and its the only one I go to. Minimum smoke, and no Hooligans. A class of its own. Nice music, nice ambience. What can you ask for more? BUt........ when i reached there at 8pm, there was a private function going on inside. Closed to public. Argh... must be this day. I then went out of esplanade to the outdoor performance ground.

There was an indian group performing. I was so impressed with the music. Its really modern and impressive. I stayed awhile, trying to gain some knowledge about indian music. Its really the modern kind. Like the Indian classical songs.

Not long after, I walked away from the performance ground, towards the bridge. The bridge that has given me the amount of memories that no one can imagine. I haven't been there for a long time. It still feels so familiar to me. I can still remember many things. These memories has prompted me to type all inside this blog. I really don't know if i should type it.

At this moment, let me do a translation for the theme song in Winter Sonata, and let me think whether to write my memories here. Oh no!! I can't find my chinese lyrics. I guess I'll just have to copy it down when i watch the show. Another day perhaps.

I have decided that I won't post my memories here tonight. its 2 am now. I don't wanna die tomorrow haha. Anyway I really thought of so many things.... from every little bit. Beginning till the end. Once more. It is true that memories cannot be lost or forgotten. We often cannot remember something is because of the lost in the ability to retreive. I stayed on the bridge for 1 hour. And went back to the Indian performance again.

I took note of time and went to the pub when its about 10pm. They said its open at 10, so i went. I sat infront of the bar counter. Ordered my first drink, Bloody Mary. I wanted to try something new haha. Perhaps if i got a chance, I would like to try them all. I started with the first one on the list. So... it came. Top of the glass smeared with salt, and the drink was red. So i thought. This is going to be a hot one....... but.... Its a damn Tomato Juice!! omg. My face twitched one side whenever i drink it. The way it tickles the back of my tongue really gives me creeps haha. I guess i have to drink it all because i wouldn't want to waste that money. I did. Happily.

That Bar boy was quite cute haha. I was observing the counter and all the wine placed there. All the colours was so amazing. That bar boy haha. He often took some cans of drink, and played with them like a pro. Did some throwing and turning here and there. But.... he is still a novice haha. There was one time, he took one glass and threw it with his right hand and tried to catch it with his left behind his back. *piang* dropped one but not shattered because the floor was protected with a layer of rubber. *piang*, there goes the second. I could see his facial expression, I smiled behind him haha. He got this dummie bottle somewhere in the counter where he'll take out to play once in a while.... not bad.. hee.

Argh that bloody Mary is getting into me. Bloody hell taste like tomato juice. I think it is one. haha. I saw people around me all getting Heineken.... i got curious. So, when i finished my Mary, I called for a Heineken and tried. At this point, I am starting to have the floating feeling. Enjoyable i guess haha. I can't drink for sure. Lousy me.

Paul came. He is the famous guitarist there. My main purpose there was to listen to him once more. His voice can really trigger your memories and take away sadness. Kinda sweet and sour feeling. He is just so cool. Once man solo guitarist. I highly recommend that place to all of you. Anyway Paul only comes on Thurs, Fri, and Sat, after 10pm. He performs 3 sessions of 45 mins each. Catch him.

I stayed there alone, admiring the ambience there. Occasionally laughed at the bar boy for the tricks he do. He doesn't know that i'm watching. The place was getting rather crowded at 11+. No hooligans so far. Its still a place i know its peaceful. I watched my Pint emptied. 11.30pm. Shit i better go back. Last train might be coming. Here comes the challenge haha.

Walking from Esplanade to the MRT isn't an easy task for my condition. But I could still walk fast and straight. Nice. Thats how i got back. Feeling like a cloud floating around. I remembered what my Friend W said," its stupid to drink until you puke. Its so wasteful" Haha so i didn't. I want to know how far i can go before knocking out. Today is a 2 cup day.

Oh if anyone out there is an expert in pubbing, could you please tell me which drinks are nice and strong? I don't want to order something and the taste just blow me away haha. Not the tomato please. :). I don't mind the burning feeling hee just no cheezy taste. Oh it needs to be economical as well hee. I'm not a rich bastard. I wonder what will happen if i order a cocktail. I think I might be viewed as a lady haha. Those cups doesn't suit guys, so don't recommend those.

Alright today's blog is toooooo long. Another day. I must remember to translate the song and perhaps type my memories. :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home