Saturday, November 20, 2004

20/11/04

Today I watched 3 discs of Winter Sonata, and went for Westwind band practice at night. Hmm, after so much of winter sonata, i seems to have forgotten about my summer scent that is shown on tv. Anyway, I'm watching Summer scent while typing this. I have also decided not to publish my memories here. Its mine and for me to know. Only people who are important to me can know this memory. :)

Lets talk about happy things first. My mum went out with my father in the morning as usual. They even asked me to get my own breakfast (usually they will buy for me). I thought its a sign of protest. When they came home in the afternoon, I was wrong about it. They bought lots of food home. I have always told them that we are not humans but hungry gorillas living in HDB. Soooo much food.

Funny thing is this, my mum gave me herbal tea (liang2 cha2) and bought me a key chain that has Naruto on it. Haha, Well i guess cold war is over. Its a good way to reconcile. Nothing needs to be said, and everything solved automatically. Sounds like I'm a spoilt brat who doesn't take actions to reconcile eh. I don't know. I believe that family members shouldn't have overnight arguments. I was long time ok already. But sometimes still have a pinch in my heart.

Next is about band!! All those running notes and awkward fingerings really can make me blur. Well, concert is coming in 2-3 months time, so we have to work very hard. This concert is a concert for us to improve on our skills in preparation for the WASBE conference coming next jun I think. There is this song we sight read today..... created some kind of fear and excitement in me. I have a SOLO part for about 20 bars at a speed of 158 crotchets per minute. I'm gonna get crazy over it haha. Its a so obvious part and everyone will hear me. Fear and excitement best describes my feeling.

Because I was having the mood of Winter Sonata these few days, I started my warm up for euphonium by playing notes out of thin air, using Winter Sonata's feeling as a base. My speciality is to create a sad melody out of nowhere. I had this ability since sec 4 haha, and I really like the feeling of playing without scores, without restriction. Can anyone feel that? I felt it.

Talking about Winter Sonata... I suddenly find that it is really the right time to watch it. As the weather starts to turn cold, it seems to merge with the scenes in the show. Hmm usually there is a Villian in korean shows, and they really makes you feel like wanting to throw something at the tv when they do something bad. Winter Sonata's villian makes me wanna slap her haha but Summer Scent's one seems to be not that bad hee. From those shows, I can see that the cultural values in their society is very strong. Don't play play. Unlike Singapore, where there is a mixture of values. I really don't know which one is good.

Anyway, I have translated two of the songs in Winter Sonata. The lyrics are just so meaningful, perhaps to me. But it doesn't mean that I want to tell anything to anyone. I suddenly find that I like to translate lyrics of korean songs into english. Heres the Two. I know they might not be complete, cuz I translated when they play the music in the show hha.

My Memory

My memory,

I always remember that moment

Whenever I close my eyes, I could see my every bits of my past

You're far away,

I could only be here, no courage to say I love you, no courage to say I'll wait for you

To my surprise, I never thought that I'll be able to see you again, I really never thought of it.

I still love you

I want to tell you," I wanna love you forever"

If its not to late, be with me through sky and sea.


From now On (Direct translation of the title)

Wanting you back by my side, is something impossible

I tell myself not to persevere anymore

If there is no hope for the two of us, I would really want to forget, all the things that is related to you

Whenever I wish to smile, the thought of you always makes me cry

I don't have the energy to put my best effort to the things i do

When I think of you, I could not control myself

I tries to forget you, but I just can't

(End)

How touching could those words be? Ryu is a genius to be able to come up with the music. Oh ya, I'm gonna try and change my image for my next sem hee. The Winter Sonata has shown me that there is a kind of look that is present in natural hair. Natural hair means no Gel, no spray. I think its time for me to get back to my natural self. After one whole sem of changing into a wierd person, I think I should just go back to my old self. I'll be more comfortable that way I think. :)










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home