Saturday, December 18, 2004

18/12/04

Highlight of the day, I finally got my Camera!!

My morning is so exciting. This is the first time i queued up for 4 hours for something haha. Well, my friend wanted an Ipod, and this Funan had an offer that allows you to buy an Ipod at $50 if you spend $800 on that day at any shop in that shopping mall. Since I wanted to get my Camera, so might as well help him get his Ipod too. I reached the enterance at 0830 and queued there, and I was the 15th in the queue :). Luckily I had my Mp3 player, or else I'll be bored to death. At 0900, my friend came, and joined me in the queue. Chatted alot, listened to music alot, do nothing alot.

At about 0930, we moved into the mall and queued at the atrium. Exciting. It felt like we were chasing some world idol. 1100, I took off to buy the stuffs while my friend guarded our stronghold. I had to check all the things I purchased and make sure the receipt was right. I had to fill up a warrenty card for my friend as well, because he bought a canon printer to top up to $800 bucks. My cam is only $609. I wrote the address wrongly for my friend haha. My mistake.

1200, I went back to the queue, going over the barricades with all my barang barang. Everyone just looked at whoever's crossing the barricades, such feeling of being watched doesn't make me feel good. 1300, the redeemption of the things started. A cameraman from Channel news asia came down. Haha, We were hiding from it because we don't want to be seen haha. I don't know how to describe the kind of feeling. Its like you are proud to be there and not proud to be there. Its hard to be alive haha.

1330, my friend finally got his ipod. Its a 15GB one rather than a 10GB (advertised as 10GB). Soooo BIG!!. We had lunch and I went to Orchard because someone asked me to watch a band performance.

1415, I reached Wheelock place, where the performance was supposed to be held. I searched high and low for that band, where could they be? So i msged that friend. Then I recalled that the performance is starting at 1500. So I walked to the Orchard library to return my Jap book. Its date due and I don't want to pay fines.

1515, I returned to wheelock place again. Walking around. This time, I received a call from my friend, thought that they have arrived. But........ Its my friend's sister, searching for the band too. Ermmmm I don't know the sister. Somehow I sense trouble haha. This sister checks on my friend, and I know this time is no exception. Well, I have blown my identity, what can I do? Who ask my friend left the handphone to the sister.

1530, Finally saw them arrived at the place. The sky was clear after a slight drizzle then. I stayed somewhere under a christmas tree, and watched the band. I heard them played a turning note concert F, and then a concert Bb, and the sky started to Drizzle again. (were the notes too touching?) So they evacuated the area, and went under shelter from the cruel bombardment from the sky. I thought I was quite dumb taking shelter from 2 small bells above my head. I went into Borders (bookshop).

1545, no signs of them moving out to performance, all lazing around and chatting. I watched afar leaning against a large pillar. I couldn't keep myself straight anymore. The tireness kicked in. And I thought I was starting to have the effect of a cold.

1550, Although I looked like a zombie leaning against the pillar, someone approached me," Excuse me, I'm very sorry, I am suppose to meet a friend here but I have forgotten to bring my handphone. Is it ok to lend me yours?" I looked at the person, full of sincerity and ernestness. I couldn't deny. Maybe another reason is that she's a lady. Its time to practice my coolness. I didn't say a word, raised a slight smile at the side, took out my Handphone and turned it to face her. (eh calling boyfriend eh?) I could hear everyword she said to him. I believe she reached there early to wait for him. She returned the Handphone back to me after the call.

1620, the band seems to have abandoned the operations. What a disappointment. I waited 2 hours for it. I wanted to confirm, so I walked around and check their movements. All equipments seemed to have gone back. I walked yet another round in Wheelock place. From 1st floor to 3 rd level and back to 1st again. I saw the lady still waiting at the same place. (That guy is nasty eh, making a lady wait that long) I wanted to go to her and offer her the phone this time, but I didn't. Its not good to be a busy body eh? I turned my eye to the side another slight side smile before I left. (I'm trying to be cool, don't laugh)

1630, I reached the bus stop where I should take 143 back home. 5 mins, 10mins, 15 mins, 143 didn't come. 2 buses of 105 went pass to another bus stop (I could have gotten onto that bus if i waited at the other bus stop). 20mins, no sign of that idiotic bus. I gave up and walked to another bus stop nearby. When I reached there, I saw 143 stopping at the first bus stop that I was waiting at. Darn. Haha. But 105 came soon after. I took 105 and I couldn't keep my eyes opened. I got knocked out soon after my seat was warmed. I hugged my camera real tight.

Nice writing style? I don't intend to write all my blogs this way. It depends on mood haha. I finally felt the happiness for my exam results seeping into my thick skull. YEAH!!!!!! Congrats myself. *faint*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home