Friday, December 31, 2004

31/12/04

Now is 2.15pm. I know I wouldn't have time to type today's blog tonight, so I type it now. This morning, I went to teach again. Its my last session with them, because i won't be going to this school until next holiday. I'm gonna be busy with school work when school reopens next week. Goodbye, my students.

So now I'm home, listening to Lin Jun Jie's "Hai4 Pa4" while typing this. Nice song :) Anyway, my Pri school buddy, H, will be coming here soon hee. He is going to join forces with me and fight with the evil aliens in Gradius 5 hee. He is one of my best gaming partner since more than 10 yrs ago. His skills and reflexes are not below mine. A totally worthy opponent in competitive games, and a good team player for cooperative games. He is my life long friend too, this, I can foresee hee.

Ah, I wanted to do a summary of what I have done during this holiday, but I guess its not necessary because my previous postings have recorded my history. A summary is just an extra hee.

Later I'll be going out to join in the mood of new year celebration. But, I know many people doesn't feel that good because of the tragedy. The destruction of natural a disaster, unmeasurable.

I just wonder if the person would join me. I shouldn't think so much :)

Happy new year everyone!!

Slice of Life

Make It A Great Day! Sometimes it seems we're having a particularly bad day. Or a period of distress, when we lose something dear to us, or when it seems we've believed in something hollow and we feel like a cruel joke has been played on us.

When this happens, what can we do to feel better? The secret is to take the focus off you, and put it on other people. When something unfortunate happens to us, our world suddenly seems extremely small. As we ponder more and more on our problems, it begins to feel as if life is no longer worth living, or at least not worth living up.

But this is not true. We all have value. And we all can make a difference to someone else's life. The key is to engage yourself with people and help them. Your own problems will become easier to manage when you do that.

So the first thing to do is to listen to others. I don't necessarily mean listen to their advice, just truly listen to what they have to say. When was the last time you truly listened to someone, and allowed yourself to understand where that person was coming from, instead of letting your mind wander? Try it - you'll find that every human being has something to offer. Maybe you'll find that you have something to offer in return. Be in their presence and accept them for who they are.

Also, choose to see the good in people. Focus on our similarities instead of our differences. You know, a lot of conflicts occur because we think we want different things. But deep down inside, every one of us wants joy, love and peace. Or at least have the capacity to cultivate them. Terrorists have been conditioned to believe that their divine mission is to kill, to seek revenge. But what do they eventually hope to achieve? They want acknowledgement, they want love, they want family. They want a place in this world, or perhaps a place in heaven, but they all want peace in the end. Nobody benefits in a war-torn world.

We also need to share. We need to connect and to be related to. Sharing opens a doorway to connection. The news media has taught us to protect ourselves, to put up a barrier of defense, and not to be vulnerable. Does that really work? While keeping us safe, it keeps us from having the great fulfilment that comes from connecting with people. Humans connect when we help each other, when we support each other, when we share with each other, when we're real, and when we're being authentic. When we do this, we grow together and we create a community. So if you feel like you're having a bad day, make it a great one by listening to people, acknowledging them and sharing with them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man...
guess wat...
its me... "H", ur since pri sch buddy...

waa... saying such things abt me huh... i where got so good... dun have the time to practice my gaming skills already... not as good these days le... but then... someday, we will trash those asses in gradius 5 again...

do enjoy, when it's time to enjoy... work hard, when its time to work... though disasters are unevitable, in our hearts, we know there are many ways we can contribute to help the victims...

dunno y, i actually volunteered to help out with the packing of the stuffs... =)

u going to start sch le wor... work hard wor...
best wishes...
happy 2005
"H"

4:13 AM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

Thankz for the wishes buddy. I will always open my door for you. :)

Have a great year ahead !!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home