Tuesday, December 28, 2004

28/12/04

I had a bad night yesterday. Its not because of nightmares. It was because I was heavily bombarded by suiciding mosquitos. They seemed to be so organised. haha. Within 3am- 4am, I woke up 4 times to wack mosquitos using my electrical tennis racket. Each time I woke up, I killed one mosquito. They were so clever to send one at a time. Everytime I thought I can rest, I was awoken by the renewed itchiness. They kissed my neck and face. Mosquitos are just soooo hateful. I wonder why so many hid in my room. All the corpse laid in my mini tennis racket. I hope tonight I can have a better night.

I travelled to the school to teach band again. A kid pissed me off again. Gave them a long lecture haha. But I think I am more able to control my anger infront of them now. Instead of using loud voice, I just used normal voice for scolding haha. What an Ass I am. I guess my face plays a big part too. Monstrous face. haha.

After that, I have to go to Hougang interchange to refund my Army Ezlink card. Since I'm there, I might as well do a little window shopping there. So I went to Hougang Mall. I found this CD shop that sells the soundtrack for Stairway to Heaven. And It seems to be the cheapest among all that I have seen. Without too much, but a bit of hestitation, I bought the soundtrack. Yeah!!. But I skipped lunch to control my pocket. My spending for this 2 month holiday is Shocking. Really Shocking. I've never spend so much in my life before. In the end, my lunch was 2 Ferrero Rocher.

Then I took 107 from the interchange, and reached the Shaw Towers. I wanted to go to Suntec to Collect my jeans that I purchased yesterday. I walked from Shaw Towers to Suntec. This is the 5th consecutive time I'm going to suntec. Its really one of my favourite shopping place now. You can get whatever you want there.
Oh ya, I bought another korean drama from there. Its called "Little Bride". I intend to watch it throughout my next semester haha. This time its a comedy. Its time for a short change before I watch another tragedy. I don't think I can take it if I watch a tragedy now.

I'll be watching a concert tomorrow haha. Alone.... I have gotten used to it. Seems like I'm enjoying life now heee.

Slice of Life

Living Life According To Your Values

Are you stuck in a rut where you feel stressed, frustrated, and disillusioned, but you can't quite put your finger on it? You feel that your life is lacking something, but you just don't know what it is?

The reason why you feel this way is that you've lost sight of your values. When you were younger and more passionate, your ambitions and desires automatically motivated you to live your life in a certain way. Your work was fresh, you wanted to make more money to maintain the lifestyle you were reaching for, you had lots of fun with your friends and colleagues. You were a young upstart going places. You felt you had control over your life.

After years of slogging, perhaps one disastrous relationship too many, or maybe a marriage that isn't turning out so well, bills to pay, bosses that upset you, health problems and so on, it seems the table's turned. It now feels like your life is controlling you. Daily events determine your actions. You're living life by default. You don't know where you are, you don't know where you're going, you start to ponder the meaning of your life and you're getting increasingly fed up that you don't know anymore! And you start thinking, did you ever really know? What have you done with your life?

No, this is not a mid-life crisis. Even a teenager can feel lost if he or she has lost sight of his or her values. In fact, that's the reason why most teenagers feel lost.

So what do you do? Re-connect with your values. When you identify your core values, and to let them guide your life, you are better able to control your life by making conscious and purposeful choices based on what's important to you. For example, you may value spending time amidst nature. But because you put in such long hours at the office, your life is practically a desk. The solution seems simple, right? True, but so many people have allowed their lives to go on by default for so long that they don't even realise what they need anymore. Perhaps this material society has convinced you that your career should be Number One - when you've made enough money, then you'll be happy. When maybe all you needed was to unwind by the sea twice a week.

So do yourself a favour. Set aside 30 minutes out of your day. Brainstorm a list of your values. Then, reflect on a time when you were really living out one or two of these values, and write down how this experience felt. Based on this reflection(s), go back and circle three values you believe are the most important to you.
Throughout the week, take a little time to reflect on these values and reward yourself when you have acted accordingly. As a reminder, place these values on post-it notes and put them all around your work and home environment. Eventually you will begin to align your actions with your values, and you will feel a greater sense of calm, control, and fulfillment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home