Monday, December 27, 2004

27/12/04

Ahhhh not enough sleep haha. I woke up at 6.30am. My band teaching starts at 9am. Was soooo tired, so i slept throughout the whole bus journey.

haha guess what my students say about my hair.... "Mr ling Mr ling, are you wearing a wig? "Mr ling, you are act-cute boy ah" Haha, faint. Talking to kids are just so fun eh.

After finish teaching, I went to Suntec with a friend S for shopping. I need to get some new clothes and jeans. This is the 4th consecutive days that I'm going to Suntec. Tomorrow I'm going there again to collect my jeans that was sent for alteration. I guess Suntec City is going to be one of my favourite shopping place haha.

I bought a jeans and a T shirt at suntec, but that ain't enough for me, so S and I went to Bugis junction next. I bought another T-shirt there. S was my fashion advisor today. My fashion sense is totally crap. What can a 40 yr old mind have for fashion? haha. My friend and I also ate ice kachang there. S had a Mango Sunrise while I got a chocolate Rocky mountain (special names for the ice kachang). I wasted my ice cream because it fell off the top of the ice kachang and hit the tray. I was soooo sad haha.

Just when I wanted to take a train back home, I found that my ez link card expired. Argh why are there so much problems with these kind of cards. I used my army card as a normal card, but now they told me it can't be used. Heres some lousiness in new technologies. Why can't we just have a card and let it stay with us for life? Now I have to travel to one of the stated ticket office to make a total refund on my card. Non of these office is near my home. Faint.

Oh one important thing, remember I posted in one of my blog saying about the Downloading of movies, software, and songs being a criminal offense starting from 1st of April? My great mistake. Its taking effect starting from 1st Jan05. Just a correction for my mistake.

I needa rest. My feet got a nice red tattoo. I guess i was bitten by an unidentified insect that ambushed me from my sandels. I need a new sandels too!!. Argh what a big patch. lhahaa. Less than 2 weeks to school reopens, ahhhh I haven' played enough.

Slice of Life

What Women Really Want

Have you heard the story of "King Arthur's Dilemma - A Wise Lesson for All Men to Learn"?
Well, it goes like this:

As a test, young Arthur was asked to answer the question, "What do women really want?" Brilliant though he was, he simply could not discover the answer. Finally, he decided to seek counsel from a very wise and very powerful old witch.

She told him that she would reveal the secret only if he promised to marry her. Arthur agreed and she gave the answer: "To be in charge of their own lives."

As the wedding approached, Arthur was beginning to regret his promise. He'd been so eager to find out the answer that he had failed to seriously ponder the consequences of having an ugly old witch as his wife.

When the day of the wedding came though, the witch appeared to Arthur as a beautiful woman. She said that since he'd been kind enough to marry her, she would be a witch half the time, and a beautiful maiden half the time. But he would have to choose when!

This time, Arthur gave it more serious thought - a beautiful woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy of his home, a gnarled old witch? Or by day, a hideous hag, but by night, a beautiful woman with whom to enjoy many intimate moments?

Care to guess his decision?

Well, noble Arthur replied he would let her choose for herself. Upon hearing this, she announced she would be beautiful all the time, because he had respected her enough to let her be in charge of her own life.

The witch's answer to the question "What do women really want?" was deceptively simple, wasn't it? Yet, Arthur was wise enough to understand its meaning. And that earned him a beautiful bride. As well as a wonderful marriage and relationship, presuming he continued to understand and apply the philosophy.
So what do women really want?

What we all want, really - to be in charge our own lives. To be appreciated and respected. To be made to feel that our opinions and feelings matter. A simple philosophy that is crucial to making any relationship work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home