Wednesday, January 12, 2005

12/01/05

My head is throbbing!! I can't stand it. Someone is playing drum in my head. Must be the result of doing my taxation tutorial in the morning. It goes "thump thump" "thump thump". I can't even walk straight and look up. I hate the big sun too.

I met my FYP grp to discuss on topics for our project. Seems like we have came up with a number of topics and specific project titles. Now we are just shooting our arrow out and see which tutor would get hit haha. I was having that headache while i'm meeting, so I'm sorry for being not my happy self.

To my classmates today too, I was not being myself because of that tireness and headache. I just feel that I'm being dragged home rather than walk home.

I've been listening to the soundtrack from "stairway to heaven" I think i listened to it 3 times today. Haha i'm getting crazy over the songs. Did i tell people that occasionally i'll relate songs to people. That means, some songs would let me think of a person. Perhaps different songs for different people. Well, I haven't got anyone for the theme song in "stairway to heaven".

Oh ya, my journey home was not a lonely one because i met a jc friend, and this friend took bus with me. My friend alighted after me. Well, time pass fast when you have someone to chat with you eh. Hmm theory of relativity haha. What crap i'm starting haha. Hmm the theory states that the feeling of the duration of time taken while an activity is going on may change when circumstances of that same activity change. Well, this definition is from me, not from the scientist. Anyway, a well known scientist came up with it, but i forgotten the name.

I think now is my time to relax. I just finished another tutorial. I seemed to have gotten into the momentum of this sem. I'll just worry for my exams now. But first, watch my vcd before i start thinking. Lalaa

Slice of Life

Resolving Relationship Conflicts

What blocks you from resolving conflicts with your partner? A lasting and rewarding relationship has to be open and honest. And to keep it that way, you have to be able to air grievances with your partner. Burying issues, and avoiding conflict and disagreements, do not have a place in a healthy relationship. You might as well accept the fact that you WILL get on each other's nerves. You will disagree from time to time. Learn how to argue in a constructive manner to resolve the issue at hand and not tear each other apart personally.

Here are some recommended steps for resolving conflict.

First of all, agree to reach a solution. Many of us either choose to attack our partner or run away from the argument, neither of which helps. Always remember that you and your partner are in the same team - both of you want what's best for the relationship. Sometimes, in the heat of argument, we forget that.

Also, explore your feelings. Why are you so upset? Examine your reaction to the event and see if you are responding to the present situation or reliving a past hurtful event. See if this issue is really about you and your partner or you and someone from your past.

Next, identify what you want. Speak up. See what you and your partner can work out for a mutually satisfying resolution. Your partner cannot give you want you want if you don't have the courage to ask for it. Remember, you are in love with each other. You want to feel good, your partner wants to feel good, and you both have the same wish for each other. Keep that in mind as you express your desires.

And choose mutual action. A relationship is a partnership, a joint effort. If one person ends up being responsible for making the union work on every level, resentment will build up. Work out fair resolutions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home