Tuesday, January 04, 2005

4/01/05

1 hr lecture today. Ahhhhh Travel 2 hours to school just for that. Read an article throughout the bus ride, and donno what the hell its talking about. Can't be bothered also.

Wow, after the first lecture, I think I might have a hard time dealing with that module. Its kinda difficult. One step by one step perhaps.

I have so much things to do after the lecture. First, I meet a friend, D, to return some notes to me. Next, me and my friend, W, went to the book shop to buy the last text book I needed for this sem. Then, we went to the staff office to find the person in charged of time tabling, and settled my friend's timetable. Then, we went to the canteen 3 for lunch. Suddenly I remembered i have to settle my school fees at the admin block on top of a mountain!! And we climb and climb and climb. Ahhhh tired.

In the end, the person in the admin block asked me to settle the things in any CPF building. "Didn't the CPF people ask my parents to let me ake the form to the school?" No choice have to settle another day because I have to go teach band next.

I was quite late! So, I msged my teacher about it and told him i'll be late. GUess whats the reply.... He called me and told me theres no practice today. Sigh... another last minute information. Worst still, I was on the MRT when he called me. But I was cool haha, I wonder why again. So, I took the time and went to Bishan to settle my school fees. And I did it!! ITs time I settle my own things haha. Grow up WQ!

I went back home, after a short walk in Junction 8, feeling contented. I didn't wear specs and guess what.... I was having a headache after the shopping. Darn haha. Root of the cause. So i rested for a while at home before beginning on my work.... school work!! Can you imagine? 1st week of school. SPent a whole lot of time on work. Time to rest eh. Another day perhaps. One thing..... someone keep appearing on my mind.... darn... thats a dangerous sign haha.

Slice of Life

Enhancing Interpersonal Relationships

Today, an effective and surprisingly simple way to improve your relationships with people, especially colleagues and casual acquaintances - people who don't seem important to you now, but whose help could really come in handy one day.

Before I tell you, ask yourself this - Has anyone ever remembered something about you that entirely caught you off guard? Perhaps it was your birthday, or a little-known personal fact like your favourite dish? But, not only did they remember, but they conveyed their interest in you by asking you about it! Some might even go further, actually getting you a birthday present, or buying that dish for you. Didn't that make you feel special?

It's a common experience, and often times an overlooked way to build rapport and we all know how important rapport is when persuading your people. All it takes is a little bit of effort and smart listening.

Did they mention their favorite football team? Their siblings? Their children? If so, remember the context, date and place, then write the information down before you forget. This information might come handy some day!

You might begin by asking someone a general question, like "What are you doing this weekend?" Remember the answer. Remember the details and follow-up with them. If they tell you a specific date, time, or event, remember it, then ask later! Whether it be a birthday, meeting, sporting event, or any other personal event. Think of it like a personal event list. It'll keep you on top of things.

One day, when you need their help with accomplishing your goals, they'll be much more likely to help since you've already built a great foundation. The next time you call a friend, business contact, or acquaintance, pull out your notes beforehand and refresh your memory. They'll be glowing if you say happy birthday or inquire about their child's graduation. You'll be surprised at all the positive remarks that will be flowing out of their mouths!

Each day, find out a little more about your people, your family, and your friends. One day they might indirectly mention how much they love a certain chocolate bar, or a favorite dish. They don't usually expect you to remember, but strive to remember. Writing them down is especially helpful. Then, some time later, buy them their favourite chocolate bar or their favourite dish and they'll be so delighted you remembered. All of a sudden you've built a strong connection and have yet another person who'll be willing to help you on your road to success.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home