Thursday, January 06, 2005

6/01/05

I'm outside of home for 12 hours because of school. 4th day of school and I've starting to face intense workload from my courses. Read Read read and more reading. My smiles are starting to drift away from my face. I really got no idea what some articles are saying, especially for one of the Accounting modules. What thing reliable then trade off with relevance. Sigh

The style of learning has changed as well. No longer the Lecture-provide-theory then tutorial-do-work sort. Its now read-your-own-and-figure-out-yourself for the theories, and seminar-for-intense-discussion-on-tutorial-question style. Say... the difficulty of studying in University gets higher as you get to year 2 eh.

I had a lecture at 0830 this morning and then ended at 1030. Then I found out that my 1330 class has been cancelled because the tutor was on medical leave. In the end, I have to grow spider webs in school until 1630 for my last lesson of the day. Its ended at 1830. I took off when the sky was dark and reached home when the sky was dark too. No wonder my face is black. :)

I printed a whole lot of things that might have gone up to a hundred odd pages. And, after I have printed them, I asked myself," why didn't I print double side?" Darn.

I promise myself that this sem...... I'm going to work 1.5 times more than last sem, or else I think I couldn't catch up. Why not 2 times? Because its not realistic haha. I would still wanna say this one more time,"I'm not talented in studying, so I have to put in extra effort to keep up with the rest." This mentality is what I've learnt from an anime character..... Lee from Naruto. Yeah!

Slice of Life

Making Major DecisionsWe make many decisions daily. The majority of those decisions we make with very little effort or time. You could call them instinctive choices. Most of them are about minor things - like what to have for lunch, what tie to wear, or how to respond to a colleague's remark.

It's the major decisions that usually give us stress - like whether to accept a promotion and work in another country, whether to marry someone, or whether to have another child. These decisions are life-changing. And most of us struggle with them, fearing that a wrong choice may lead to much regret.

So how do we minimise the odds of making a so-called "wrong" choice?

Have faith in your abilities. The choices we make are to a great extent dependent on how much we believe we can achieve. If you have a limited vision of your success, your mind can only access options that correspond with that narrow view. So always believe that you can do better.

Be sure that you are making the decision for You, in accordance with your own desires, values, and beliefs. Don't make choices based on what you think other people want. Trying to reach someone else's goal or measure yourself against someone else's yardstick will only lead to frustration. This is unless of course when it concerns someone you love deeply? then, the decision might have to be based on what's best for that person.

Much distress comes from believing that your present condition is a direct result of a folly in the past and that your situation will never improve. But life is like an adventure race - until you reach the end, you can never be sure where your next decision will lead you. And you can never be sure how things will turn out. Life reveals itself step-by-step. The book doesn't end here.

And have the courage to implement your decision. Very often, the choices we make don't lead to the desired outcomes because we lacked the gumption to run with them wholeheartedly. For example, we could've married someone only to give up on the relationship at the first hint of trouble. Not understanding, of course, that the marriage could have worked out very well, if only we had the determination to refine and develop it. So have faith in your choices and live without regret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home