Thursday, January 13, 2005

13/01/05

In school from 0830 to 1830. Worst than work? haha. The highlight of today.... I made myself a fool again during lesson. Well, heres what happened.

(only for accountants) During my taxation class, there is this question that asked about the basis of accounting policy used for taxation in Singapore. So my answer," CASH ACCOUNTING!!" *class was silent, 5 secs passed* Teacher said," accrual accounting isn't it?"

Omg, I miss interpretted the question, damn. I thought its asking about the accounting basis for our tax authority. Faint. However, I seem to have found out more about myself. I think I am more daring to make mistakes now, as I view them as a learning opportunity. Well, I viewed it that way since long time but it was till now that I am soooo daring to speak out, even with dumb answers.

haha Its just sooo good being myself eh. Don't care about how other people think. When you want to speak, just speak. When you don't feel like it, then don't do it. And, I think its always a little good not to always think about others because other may not appreciate it. Haha as what the Political model of behavior says about the Perfect Agent. Could I be one of them? I'm slowly showing attitude- nose high, eyes blur, mouth big, talk without thinking.

The world out there is a dangerous place, if you don't protect yourself, you might hurt yourself, or hurt by others. There is always a need for balance between thinking for yourself and thinking for others. Either side of the spectrum is no good. The perfect situation is of course the Win-Win situation, but how many times can you achieve that? Trade offs and compromise would have to be made in different situations so as to deal with things in the best way it can be. Human is complicated, where no one thing or model can explain the behaviors. One phrase you can use if you are troubled by people," If you can't beat them, Join them".

Another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home