Monday, January 17, 2005

17/01/05

Hey is depression coming back? I hope not. Feeling a bit depressed after my IT tutorial. Maybe I was just a bit toooooo demanding on myself. Well, my group of 3, was asked to present our answers for a tutorial question. Somehow, after hearing what the teacher was talking about, I asked myself why didn't I thought of those answers in the first place. To add on to the agony, the teacher didn't seemed appreciative that we presented the answers, and had implied implicitly that our answers were not good. Damn depressing.

I getting a very very bad habit here. When I'm doing my school work, I'll start pulling my hair from time to time. I'm afraid that I might turn bald before I graduate. Faint. I was preparing a full sets of accounts for a tutorial question and I found myself hating this process. What a difficult thing to do.

Remember that I said that I made a new friend few days ago. I shouldn't have. Now my system is a bit unstable again. Argh... FOrmat disk muahhaa.

I must psycho myself," work work work and work!" Dissonance can be quite unbearable.

I need to exercise soon too, i'm getting fat. I can feel it haha.

After all these while of changing my image, I have concluded the confirmation of the importance of looks for any living thing. This is a sad fact. Even lions look at looks. Faint. I'm a leo, do I look at looks? I'm still asking this question for myself. Need another implicit experiment for myself again.

Slice of Life

"Growing Old With Love and Confidence

Does growing old scare you? Do you have a vision of homes for the elderly and worry that you might end up there, alone and helpless? Do you fear loss of control and being dependent on your children?

Those are all very "natural" questions most of us ask ourselves as we enter our middle age period. Maybe you're acquainted with nursing homes filled with people who are just like you think you will be. Maybe you are listening to others talk about their aches and pains and how it only gets worse.

But old age is not all about wasting away. Think about elderly folk you've encountered who are healthy and active, who look good and feel good. How can you also work towards a meaningful and vibrant old age?

If you're going to make your older years happy and fruitful ones, then you'd better start now. The average life expectancy of Singaporeans is 82. No matter what you thought in the past, chances are you're going to be around for a long time. So why not take control now so your coming years will be worth growing into?

Remember this: You grow into what you are thinking now. The more you imagine that your old age is doomed to be sickly and pointless, the less you're going to care about how to prevent it. As a result, you spend less time investing in relationships, tend to spend whatever you have, and are less inclined to save.

So get rid of that notion of elderly people wasting away in nursing homes. There are plenty of very productive older people out there living, being, making their dreams come true. They aren't saying "I wish I had died the minute I turned old".

Instead, think about the kind of person you want to grow into. How would you like to spend your final years?

Cultivate a skill that will a source of joy, and even better, also a source of income, as you grow older. Invest in your friendships. Your friends are likely to be the only ones who will grow old with you, and be able to relate to you and share memories with you in your later years. Invest in a savings plan. If you're averse to saving, just think of it as a monthly donation to charity - your charity. After all, you're going to need that money after retirement. Stay active and healthy. Take the time and effort to invest in a healthy diet and a fitness regime. It's amazing how these little things add up to create a happier and healthier old age. And cultivate a spirit of learning. The heart that continues to be curious will never grow old."

As for me, I think I'll be a free agent when I get old. I haven't picture any other things for now because my future has since turned blank since 15 months ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home