Tuesday, January 25, 2005

25/01/05

Those were the days where i can enjoy the taste of food and munch to my hearts contend before i put them into my stomach. The ulcer is damn terrible. For those who don't know that i have an ulcer, might think that the food are so terrible. My face looked like sour plum while chewing, and i would go ouch eek ahh wuuu. damn that thing.

I've started worrying about the essay thats due next week. If its an individual project, i won't be so worried about it because i can do whatever I want with that essay. The structure and content would be to my discretion. But this is a group written assignment. Everything that I wanna suggest must go through my grp members. Sometimes, i hate this kind of work. Worst of all, when my grp members write out a draft and send it to me.... its just not to my style.... perhaps i'm just too picky but its a pain thinking that I have to rewrite them right? Or perhaps find my grp mate and suggest for better way of writting. How much time is wasted here? Tonnnnnes of them. And I don't have much time for things.... get it done leave it aside.

Now I have to worry for the delay and lag for the work.

Thursday, My tax tutorial group has a presentation to do for one question. Busy. 2 Weeks later, my IT group has to conduct a seminar to the whole class. Tell me where is the time? That is why when a tutor asked the class what things does one demand or want if theres no restriction. My answer to that was time, and the teacher gave me a face. "Time to do what?" I couldn't give an answer because there are too many things to do.

Tomorrow morning, I have to prepare a structure for the main part of the essay that i was talking about. How i wish i could tell my friend that I will handle those big parts. Worst still, another friend (my grp has 3 person including me) wants us to meet for a discussion on the things that has been written, mainly my part. That friend told me some things need to be changed. Argh. Next tuesday date due. 10% marks.... how much time am i gonna put in? I don't know. Law of diminishing marginal returns. I've always based my time allocation on that theory. Sux.

Worst of all, I've going down again. Down with what? Flu lah duh. SOrry not in a very good mood. People say I'm good with interpersonal skills, but hahaa under the table, I complain alot. I'm also a human, what can I do? But most of the time, i'm quite regretful to what I've said, so.... forget what I say today. Thats all

Schedule for tomorrow. 0730 wake up, breakfast till 0800, essay structure planning till 1000, go out for school at 1030, reach school at 1230 for lesson, go home at 1430, reach home at 1630, dinner and work till sleep. Who has this kind of boring life? Join my club, the nerd club. haha!!!!!

Slice of Life

The Most Important Question to Ask On a First Date

For a single person these days, there is no lack of advice and information on how to find that perfect mate. In fact, there's an overload - the do's, the don'ts, the proper grooming, how to act when this happens, what to say when your date asks you that? it can all be rather overwhelming and purpose-defeating. Because when you're so engrossed in delivering a perfect performance, you stop being authentic and natural. And at the end of the day, nobody wants to be with a faker.

So the best advice for a first date is probably to keep it simple and real. Stop taxing your mind with the 10 Most Important Questions to Ask on a First Date or step-by-step guides on How to Impress Her in Ten Minutes. There is however one question that's crucial for you to ask, not your date, but yourself.

We're always so focused outward - we're so worried about how we come across to the other person that we forget about the most important person of all - ourselves! So here's the question you should always ask yourself on a first date - "What exactly am I feeling with this person?"

Am I comfortable? Can I be myself around him or her? What exactly am I attracted to? What am I turned off by? Am I anxious? And if I'm anxious, am I more, or less, anxious than I usually feel? Are you feeling safe? Excited? Is something telling you that you're less than happy here? Pay particular attention to uncomfortable, unpleasant, or unwanted feelings or sensations. They may be the most valuable of all. Also, allow for the fact that you may be feeling more than one thing.

This is called "Making I-Contact", and it's much more important than any "eye contact" you may make during your date! The reason? Feelings are information! It's funny, but the answer to the question "Who is this person I'm sitting across from?!" can best be found on your side of the table! Knowing what you feel, positive and/or negative, towards someone will take you a long way towards knowing how - and whether - to proceed with this person.

Hmmm. Surprisingly, thats what I do sometimes. Questioning myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home