Saturday, January 29, 2005

29/01/05

Ah did work again, that doesn't need any mention right? I've cleared all my tutorials for next week. I gonna focus my study for my quiz next week. Its always worthwhile to plan things ahead eh.

My face has been pretty straight for the hold day. Wonder if you guys have tried not saying a word and not having any facial expression for a day? I couldn't move my face muscles really well haha. Have been black face the whole day.

I did work until 5pm, and I went to watch my disciple's band concert. The vocal singer impressed me again. Last concert was Prince of Egypt, this time was Wizard of Oz: Somewhere Over the Rainbow. These kind of singers should go for singapore idol haha.

To my disciple: when i said you girls were out of tune, i didn't mean the eupho section, I mean the whole band was not very in tune. There are some sound sticking out when they were playing, eg clarinets. As usual, the mood of those songs were there because Andy Sim is good conductor. Its just the fundamentals thats lacking. And your band recycled song from last concert ah. Your signature songs is it?

Somehow, I feel kinda out of place in that concert hall.... generation gap. All the people around me were young people. I'm just kinda old. And theres this few guys behind me keep talking awa. Can't they just keep their mouth shut while watch the concert. Irritating people. But to compliment them, i feel that singaporean musicians are getting better in listening for out of tune sounds haha.

And one more think to say to ya, disciple: you need to smile more on the stage. Play and enjoy, not stress and play. At least this time you played that solo by yourself. Well done there. Oh ya, the last piece was well played for eupho. The counter melody isn't easy right? Euphos sounded well, and I'm impressed by your flexibility in the notes. Must have been practicing alot right?

Come for my concert and hear my solo. haha hope i don't break down


2 Comments:

Blogger chewy said...

wat @least i played da solo by myself? last yr is senior play de ma...so this yr i play lor...orh...u mean coz that time we played as dual rite? haha...quite ok la da last piece...as in practising for it...how many times...we cheated la...u didn't hear that some parts was softer ah? coz we cheated ah...my section played da rest then i rested some bars so that i can play da high g's and a's...haha! da running notes ah? can hear clearly? dunno whether i played...think i'm da worst with running notes in my section...i'm deproving...my section's betta than me now...i mean i'm nt improving man...cannot go so many concerts la...ny's one is coming and they're playing phantom of the opera,pirates of da carribbean and animation medley ah...haha! i look prettier ytd rite? wahaha! i type here coz u reply too slow and i need to study for chinese test tml...haven started so ya...

10:19 PM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

Cannot go for many concert, meaning?
DOn't tell me you not coming for mine. Don't you dare.. haha.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home