Thursday, June 09, 2005

9/6/05

So many things happened today. Hmm let me recollect my memories first.

Woke up in the morning to read a final article before the discussion on Sat (supposed to be friday but someone couldn't make it). After that, it was shopping!! Nah, just went Toa Payoh central to get my lip balm, a mouth rinsing liquid (listerine). Oh ya, I borrowed a book for me to continue learning the jap language. So what happens to the novel? Hmm, I intend to read both books at the same time. When I'm bored with one, I change to another one.

I finally did it! I went to fish for a new spec. I don't know if its the most suitable for me but I seem to like it. However, my mum didn't like that design. Half frame, silver colour. The lens are not totally rectangle but near to it. Not a very long one. Haha. Crazy me. I wonder how my friends would react to my new naive look.

Then went back to play my game, grandia extreme. Aiming to complete it by end of next week. SHould be able to haha.

At night, me and my mum went to Courts in Toa Payoh to search for a new kettle. The current one is really rusting. But there was no stock. So we flew down to Bishan to see if theres any luck. We found it!! Ah, nothing exciting haha. And my mum just spend so much on vcds. Omg. haha.

Oh ya, forgotten to mention that I jogged in the evening before dinner. Same distance again.

Slice of Life

Coincidence or Intuition?

Let's say you get an idea to do something - like read a certain book. It just pops into your head for no apparent reason. You wonder why it happened and then forget about it. Later that day at work, a colleague casually mentions that book, talking about how it helped him and so on. You dismiss it again because you think "I'll read it at a later time."

A few days later, you're at a doctor's appointment and you're flipping through a magazine. You see a review for that same book. By now you're thinking "Am I going mad? Is this a coincidence? It must be a coincidence."
Later, as you step out of the clinic and onto the street, that very book falls out of the sky and hits you on the head.

No, that would be too big a hint. And will most probably never happen. But the first three "encounters" with the book in some form has got to get your attention.

When things like that happen to us, most of us brush it off as coincidence, when we really should be taking the hint. Intuition hits - you get an inspiration or an idea to do something and you get bombarded left and right with all of these situations that don't seem to have any connection. Until you take a closer look and then you see. That one thing linking all of them. The thing that's pointing you in a new direction.

Look back on some of your past experiences in life. I am sure that there were several times where things happened to you for no apparent reason. These events either led to other events or were major turning points in your life that didn't match up anywhere else. They didn't seem to fit in to what you were doing at the time. But looking back, they fit in perfectly. It's just that you couldn't see it at the time.

When things happen without any obvious reason, remember that there's something you need to pay attention to. There's always a reason, it's just that you can't see it while it's happening. There's an unseen force that's always pointing you in the right direction whether you notice it or not. If you're religious, call it a sign from God. If you're not, call it intuition, gut feeling, or whatever. If you choose to look out for them, you will notice them. And those unreal experiences, those strange "coincidences" - things happening by 'chance' are usually a push in the direction you want - or didn't know you wanted - to go. Trust your heart and follow the flow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The article on "Slice of Life - Coincidence or Intuition?" was taken from "When Things Happen Without Reason" By Selena Richardson. The link is...
Happy reading!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home