Friday, October 07, 2005

7/10/05

Dark clouds starts to move away, and the rays of light starts to cast its energy onto the vast green land. Animals began cheering as they survived through the destructive storm. As the grass swayed to the rythmn of the slight breeze, the insects and bugs from within rose to the celebrative occasion. Looking forward to new challenges, looking forward to exploring new lands, the bugs took flight in search of a better paradise.

The morning started out just so great. Looking forward to GE presentation. Its another enjoyable project preparation with this person. I shall type the following few paragraphs by addressing to this friend.

"You have never disappoint me in the preparation for your part of the presentation. No matter how difficult or how hard the tasks are, you could complete it with no complaints. My confidence and trust in you has risen to a greater level. You have so called pampered me in such a way that I could leave difficult tasks to you without worrying. And, I can always get out of preparing such difficult things. Technical analysis was like that, Music interpret is also like that (for today's case).

Project meetings with you is always a fruitful and efficient. The synergies between us just seems so great that it gives me a feeling that we could take the world on. Someone once commented about the speed at which our ideas and thoughts exchanged during meetings. Decisions on the project was made so fast, and the contents was decided in a swift and decisive manner. This has contributed to the few number of meetings we need for difficult projects like 201 and 213.

I am still quite disappointed about myself when I left the final parts of 213 to you last semester. I thought you might not want to work with me anymore after that. My attitude was poor, I admit. Last semester was crap for me. Poor mental strength, and everything was poor. You took it up and finished it in a rousing manner. You told me you didn't have confidence in that project but it turned our well. Our synergies couldn't fail right?

The most important thing of doing a project is to be happy while doing it. If you're not happy during the process, any good results would have minimal effect of the satisfaction of the task. I could say truly that you have made the process of doing projects so easy and happy. Sometimes, I even want to say that my success was due greatly to your presence. (why am I getting so touchy today?)

1 more semester and we will be working in different areas. It seems like we'll be going into different world. I just hope we can still be in touch. I'll remember you as a great friend and group mate. Although you didn't accept me, we could still one day work together as collegues or business partners. I wonder how possible would that be..... Banks and Audits.

One more sem.... Farewell? Goodbye? Or we shall meet again? ha. As a friend, I wish you the best in your relationship and work in the future. Be happy always."

The bugster
(I don't know if you'll read this but it doens't matter. Just treat it as a letter that is not delivered.)

The presentation was great and everything went so good. Of course we are comparing to non business students. I think we are the best amongst the 4 groups. Anyway music is what i like to do.

After the presentation, I went to a meeting for 206 presentation. Kinda relaxing mind then. Was soooooo surprised that I was able to say what I wanted to say for my slides off hand. I guess its the pressure to perform up to the genius' expectations. I'm learning alot this sem... and it'll be a life skill. Thankz man.

Got to go for dinner then prepare my speech and amend the slides. This weekend seems to be better than the last one. Task to be done are not as packed. However, activities are more. Tomorrow, meeting in the evening, sunday westwinds practice for esplanade concert. Chiong liao.

Slice of Life

Yesterdays

Worrying is generally a pointless activity. Most of the time, 80% of our problems exist only in our minds. The worst that could happen generally doesn't happen. On those rare occasions it does happen, it's only because we've thought about it so much, we actually make it real.

So why do we spend so much of our time and energy on such a futile endeavour? We all fear the unknown. And so we fret, we worry, we lose sleep, we stress ourselves and others out by complaining? But what can we realistically do about the unknown? If we're going to think about the unknown, we might as well think positively, since the future's going to happen either way? and at least being optimistic about it might actually bring about a favourable outcome!

Getting upset about what has already happened is also something that sounds foolish enough, but so many people continue do it, including myself. Ralph Waldo Emerson has a few things to say about dwelling on the past?

Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt have crept in; forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense.

This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on yesterdays.

An excerpt of an article written by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

There is genuinely nothing we can do about yesterday? or for that matter, about something that happened a second ago. It is tomorrow, or the next moment, that we should be living and planning for.

So free yourself from the shackles of the past, and work towards a better tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home