Friday, November 18, 2005

18/11/05

Alright, last paper is gone today. Man..... gave me a big shock when i saw the paper. I guess.... there goes the confident me.... brought down to ground zero. Well, the holidays brighten me up. And..... like what my friend says in his blog.... 205 can suck his ****. Alright, wait till the moment to click for the results.... heart pounding experience.... always. I shall dream on.

So, I guess its a good time to round up my whole semester today. There are just so many things that happened. Slowly Slowly read okie.

So, this is my second sem taking 6 modules. Last sem was 4 core, 2 GEs. This sem is 3 core 3 GEs. I was able to survive better this sem because of my great and reliable group mates for my core modules. I have great support from my GE friends too. I have learnt alot from my new group mates with respect to working style, thinking skills, IT skills, and communication skills. SO much learnt. THank them sia. A hell-lot-a experience. Thats for academic side.

Musical side, I began playing in NUS band and have played one concert with them already. I will end my membership after their next concert. I have also played with Westwinds in the WASBE conference held late july. I wonder how long i'm going to stay in westwinds. I've also played with westwinds in esplanade in the midst of examinations. Another breakthrough is that one of my GEs is about Western classical music appreciation. Learnt alot from that course too. Now I know what kind of classical CDs to buy. Somehow affiliated to Beethoven haaa.

GAming side, I completed XenoSaga 1 in the midst of exam and have started on Front Mission 4. Aiming to complete it soon. Something thats closely related to gaming is that I've gotta a new PC too. Sooo happy. (self happy.... crazy). I also resumed my position in Utopia (an online game) as a guild leader in my Kingdom. And the king is the kingdom is a friend from NUS and plays the Oboe and knows my friends in band as well.... that is like one in a million chance.

FYP.... 30% complete, going into the main body soon. Well, some people said that qualitative FYP is hard to get A.... so i'm not expecting much now. Just wanna finish it bah.

Overall, this sem has been exciting.... I got to know myself much better, and know more about my strength and weakness. I stretched myself even more and I didn't break like what happened to me last sem. Still disappointed with myself about what happened last sem. damn.

Next sem is the last sem I test myself once again..... I'm going to test myself to the ultimate next sem.... don't stop me. Transform myself!! haaa. So evil. Till then, i'm going to learn more from my PA starting next week.

Slice of Life

Your Unique Factor

"Each of us is special and unique."

How many times have you heard that phrase bandied about? Most people take it as a worn-out clich?some even think it's a cruel joke, since as they claim "if everyone is special, aren't you just like everyone else?"

Well, like all quotations and sayings, it has to be taken with a pinch of salt and a whole lot of your own evaluation and relevance in your life. But I do believe that if we care to look closely and critically enough, we can each identify a unique factor in ourselves that can lead to success. The only problem is, most people don't even begin looking.

If you examine your passions, your values, your instincts, you'll find that you can put them together to form a coherent picture of the kind of person you are. And it's true that we each have a unique set of these. If you can align some of these key aspects of yourself, you're pretty close to identifying the unique factor that can help you achieve great success in life.

In the words of Sidney Madwed, "If you want to be truly successful, invest in yourself to get the knowledge you need to find your unique factor. When you find it and focus on it and persevere, your success will blossom."

When you find your unique qualities, you'll realise that they are always available. They are an endless resource of joy that you can give to yourself and to others. With their support, you become more resilient. And you begin to take responsibility for the happiness you want in your life.

We all need to find our own paths towards identifying what makes us unique, but here are some fundamental questions you might begin with:

1. What do you feel is your primary purpose in this life, and why is that important?
2. What are your greatest natural talents; things you've been told you have a knack for doing?
3. What are you doing when you feel completely alive, deeply involved, and the hours seem like minutes?
4. If you just found out that you had six months to live, what would you spend them doing?
5. How are your deepest passions connected to what you are doing now?

Focus today on those things that make you unique, and feel the joy unfold around you. No doubt others will find value in your gifts as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home