Sunday, November 13, 2005

13/11/05

Highlight of the day. Concert performance by Westwinds. The concert hall was a near full house. We should have more free concerts!! haaa. And guess what!! I survived my Solo. Not the perfect change of notes but I'm contented already. So, what ratings do I give myself?

Tone= 9/10 (no one can beat my tone)
Musicality= 7/10 (my mentor could easily play better than me)
rupport with audience= 10/10!! (Some people clapped for me after my solo! In returned, I smiled back) (2 possible reasons for those clappings. 1. oh you're great 2. you are somewhere there, good going)

I went to ask my mentor for his comments, and he gave the same comments that he gave during our last concert. "Not bad, you have improved". I'm not used to compliments so "thank you" was my best response.

I don't know how many of my friends went but then I'm really glad that my heart survived the pounding, and my lips and cheeks survived the who concert. I realised that the "auto-vibrato" syndrome is caused by nervousness. I couldn't pitch properly during the first four pieces. How to not be nervous? sigh. So thats all for the concert.

So, I met that person the first thing I went into the stage door area. I couldn't ignore right? So i decided, clarify. I whispered, just in case i breathe out fire. Well, clarification outcome.... no msg received. Well, thats kinda good reason. I too experience too many IT glitches that hinders communication. I let the matter off, no one is at fault. Its performance, i need to get distractions out of my mind.

At the end of the performance, as I was exiting the performance area, that friend came down from the higher riser just beside. Can I ignore? Say anything, or not to say anything. Well, I think i should just say something. So.... this came out of my mouth in a staccato form "恭喜发财". Here comes the reply in a presto and staccato form from behind "红包拿来". Ha, I didn't say anything after that. I think everything is resolved. But I still doesn't want to have anything to do with this friend.

Its also the many times that I ask them to find a new eupho player to come in to westwinds so that I can train new blood. I don't know how long I could stay inside there. Work is coming. How will my life be when work starts? No life for anything? Work till I die? Donno.

After the whole thing, I took bus back to the interchange and then went to Popular Bookshop to get a small pack of lead for mechanical pencil. At the cashier, this is what happened,

(The cute guy, holding the small box of lead with one finger from each hand)
Cute guy: 你需不需要纸带 (in the most gentle way imaginable)? (a very cute smile followed)

well, thats not interesting. haaa

And before the day ends, I went jogging. I realised that my work pants might be too small for me. I wore a tight pants for performance. Do you realise how terrible that is? I was so afraid to make the pants burst when I breathe fully. I couldn't help it. Who ask my ass could grow so fast? I better start some workout before I couldn't find pants for work next monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home