Thursday, November 24, 2005

24/11/05

4th day. Super jia lad in the beginning of my first task but gets more exciting when near ending. So, what was my first task? Observing my senior do...... Cross referencing..... for...... 5 hrs, excluding lunch time. I have to stare at the papers that she flip flip and flip. And listen to her explaining each step she took, and in the end.... still a bit blur haa. Cuz i didn't read up about the processes before hand. How can i read when i don't have access yet? Eyes kept on opening and closing. But..... my teammates are a bunch of super nice people. They understand that I'm new and gave me simple tasks.

I'm just a little disappointed that I'm not very open to speak with people who I meet for the first time. I don't communicate well if i don't know the person well enough. I'm pretty reserved.... and I hope this won't kill my chance of staying in that firm. So, I was pretty task focused today, little chat.

So whats the exciting stuffs today? I get to vouch 3 cheques.... done in 5 minutes after i got the documents from a super nice lady who went specially to get those documents i need. I get to find out the discrepencies between a purchase order and the goods receipt slip too. I get to communicate to one of the staff to request for a certain document. And a nice chat with her as well haaa. Its a middle age woman, don't be misunderstood. She kept on saying, "already got 5 people request for this document during the past week. Thought you all have already done those things?" and then smile smile smile. THe people there are just soooooo friendly too. So cooperative, truly.

I finally was assigned task that would add value to the team...... hmm how much i don't know. Hope to add more value. Get my hands dirty and get screwed for doing the wrong things.... ops. Oh i forgotten to mention, the senior who guided me is..... one yr younger than me... ops. Surprise! Yes I'm surprised.

Another one never reply to sms. Seems like the second time liao..... sigh. I've gotten used to it haa. Don't worry if you read this blog, i know you read blogs. haa.

Slice of Life

In This Moment

We live in an autopiloted world. We seem locked in routines that we follow without question. Too much emphasis is placed on what we "should" be doing, instead of what we truly want to do. Very often, we do things without knowing why we do them. Continuing like this for years can make you unfulfilled and miserable.

So stop everything you're doing for a moment.

Erase all of those hurried thoughts and fragmented to-do lists from your mind.

Take a nice, deep breath, then another.

Feel your heart rate slowing down.

Now, ask yourself "What do I most need in this moment?"

Feel your excitement and hopefulness rise at the prospect that you're finally focusing on your own needs. The notion almost brings goose bumps to your skin.

'What do I most need in this moment?" Meditate on the question and allow yourself all the time in the world. Whatever conclusion you come to, don't give yourself excuses why you can't make it happen. Believe it and do it. Don't say you don't have the time. You can take the time; perhaps you must take the time.

Now this exercise is not intended to inspire transformational epiphanies, although it certainly is possible. All this simple meditation aims to do is to give yourself the space and time to consider your genuine needs and desires and to fulfill them occasionally.

So don't worry if you don't stumble upon the meaning of life, or your true calling. Perhaps what you're needing at the moment is simply a short holiday, a nice long bath, an early morning walk, or a root beer float. Anything. The only objective is to restore your energy and soothe your spirit.

So try it? Sit back. Quiet your mind. Take a deep breath. And ask:

"What do I most need in this moment?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home