Monday, November 07, 2005

7/11/05

Scott makes you blur, Scott makes you dizzy.... if you cannot sleep, read Scott. Confirm plus guarantee plus chop with 30 days money back.

So what was the effect of reading too much of Scott? When my dad came home, I was asked to get a bucket of water for him to wash his face. I did, and walked to the kitchen and took the..... bloody kettle.... and filled it up to halfway before i realised i got the wrong thing. My mum added," oei, study until siao ah. HAHAHA!" So blur.... My dad brought back some past incidents and laughed even louder. He said:" Ya sleep walk with some slippers also right?" "HAHAHA", combined power of all of us.

I went out... to city via bus. I went to collect some "goods" haaa. NARUTO!! finally, long awaited. But then, 2 very disturbing sec school kids sat behind me, talking loudly. Even though I was listening to my MP3, I could still hear bits and pieces of their conversation. I think the whole bus could hear them. Macham ah beng loh.

Well, thats not the main point. The main point is the disturbing topic they were talking about. I heard this:" If you msg me at 3am and I reply, that means I will be going to school tomorrow. If not, you won't see me in school". Well, the whole topic revolves a main theme of...... "Ganna ditch". Words like "die, hospital, ward, blar blar blar". And his friend is kind enough to console him and act like he knows everything about living haaa. One thing his friend said is quite true. "Everyone would have thought about committing suicide at one point in life". Well, thats how i feel. That depressed guy isn't that depress actually. He is so beng.... and before he alighted, he "dropped" or more likely threw his bottle of dolphin drink on the flood, and it rolled onto my feet when the bus stopped. Damn.

I arrived cityhall too early, so i walked Raffles city with Jay Chou's new album accompanying me. I find the duet inside the album so nice..... and the lyrics.... just suits me soooo much. Well, its bad to think about the past but... haaa. I didn't. I just had a little sour feeling.

Yeah!! I received my new games!! haaa ready for the holidays.

Slice of Life

Being Accountable

When we are dealing with stressful situations, it's easy to tell ourselves that it's not our fault these things are happening to us. It's easy to complain about how tough life is, and retreat into our shells, shutting out the world.

Sometimes, when I find myself in frustrating circumstances, especially during times when I have other things to worry about concurrently, I feel overwhelmed. It's so tempting to think about crawling into bed and wishing that the problem would just go away.

But that's hardly the way to deal with life's challenges, is it? So I remind myself that I am accountable for everything that happens to me in life.

Being accountable is being answerable for one's behaviour. The opposite of accountability is victim behavior. If we're not willing to accept responsibility for the situations we find ourselves in, then we're playing the victim.

When you make yourself out to be the "victim", life happens to you. You feel you have no control over your circumstances. You blame people, events, bad luck perhaps, for everything that seems to go wrong. And when things don't get better, you start to imagine that life somehow has all its odds stacked up against you. The feeling is called "helplessness".

But this state is by no means accidental or coincidental. You're feeling this way by choice.
Think about an area of your life where you feel things aren't going the way you had hoped. Now, ask yourself this - "What action can I take right now that puts the control in my hands?" One thing you can immediately do is recognize that while certain unpleasant and frustrating things happen in life, you always have the ability to take matters into your own hands and create better circumstances.

Immediately, you will feel the frustration and stress ease, because you will realize that things do not have to stay the way they are. You can make changes, and you can control the situation. You may not be able to solve the problem immediately but there are steps you can take to alleviate the pain, the stress, suffering or whatever that's slapping you around. With every small action, you come closer to making big changes to your situation.

We all fall into victim behaviour from time to time. And sometimes, we stay stuck there longer than we would like to admit. When you recognize that you are in victim behavior, just ask yourself "What can I do to change this situation and make it better?" Then, take action and take control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home