Wednesday, December 14, 2005

14/12/05

I'm confused now. Am I in Audit, BCM, or Tax? Today I'm drafted up to the 20th floor for some GST work. Piles of papers for me to flip through. I was supposed to gather some information from them. Can't believe that some companies can "escape" GST by using some wierd means haa. Anyway, the usual tax diagram appeared again when the senior was explaining to me the story behind the whole situation. One line in the middle, the top represent country A, the bottom represent country B, then a few entities here and there and export and import takes place. Who, what, when, how, and where became so important for tax.

I'm just feeling a bit swingy in my mood. Doesn't feel very cool now. Just found out that so many of the strong people are joining PwC. I always like to think that I 宁为鸡首,不为牛后. Now I'm at the cow side. Just don't feel comfortable. Just do my job well, and forget about the competitive feeling? I'll try.

Anyway, after meeting so many new people in the company, i suddenly found alot of people that has common traits. It seems like some part of their genes are the same. My new tax collegue seems to speak and behave the same as one of my euphonium senior in moulmein cc band. One of my audit collegue from my previous assignment behaves and talk like one of my friend in moulmein band too. Hmm, genes is such a profound thing.

Coming back to the tax thing, I finished flipping through half of the original pile of papers. Tomorrow, I must finish the pile, must. lets see if i can bring those things back to 15 floor haaa. quite bored at 20 floor, although my new collegue treats me well.

*If you're happy and you know it, slap your friends*
*If you're happy and you know it, drop your cake*
*If you're happy and you know it, step your feet*

Slice of Life

STORIES - Birth and Death

Once upon a time, twin boys were conceived.

Weeks passed and the twins developed. As their awareness grew, they laughed for joy: "Isn't it great that we were conceived? Isn't it great to be alive? "

Together the twins explored their worlds. When they found their mother's cord that gave them life, they sang for joy! "How great our mother's love is, that she shares her own life with us!"

As weeks stretched into months, the twins noticed how much each was changing.

"What does it mean?" one asked.

"It means our stay in this world is drawing to an end." said the other.

"But I don't want to go," said one.

"I want to stay here always."

"We have no choice," said the other.

"But maybe there is life after birth."

"But how can there be?" responded one. "We will shed our life cord and how can life be possible without it? Besides, we have seen evidence that others were here before us, and none of them has returned to tell us there is life after birth. No, this is the end. Maybe there is no mother after all."

"But there has to be," protested the other. "How else did we get here? How do we remain alive?"

"Have you ever seen our mother?" said one.

"Maybe she only lives in our minds. Maybe we made her up because the idea made us feel good."

So the last days in the womb were filled with deep questioning and fear.

Finally, the moment of birth arrived. When the twins had passed from their world, they opened their eyes and cried for joy - for what they saw exceeded their fondest dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home