Monday, December 12, 2005

12/12/05

I cannot stress how good my seniors are. They are just simply fantastic. I was attached to the previous manager for another job today. He only booked me for 2 days only because my new manager isn't ready to receive me bah. Well, this previous manager really ask me to go home loh. He doesn't let VTs stay until late late. He also asked me to take a cab back even though I'm the only one in the cab loh. Wa seh. Can claim somemore. He also ask me to take cab there tomorrow morning. Wa biang, super touched.

Another senior was also very very cheerful loh, always lighten up the atmosphere one loh. And she taught me how to roll over the lead schedule loh. Another patient and fun senior. I'm fortunate lah. And I cannot express how delighted that I'm booked for a job. Wa lao, nothing to do is a torture to me. It happened this morning. I have to .... stare at the comp screen without knowing what to do. I took out my earphone, then plug into my comp and listen to music loh. I think I'm gonna learn many many new songs if i'm going to be an auditor (I am!!) because I will have so much time listening to music while working.

Come to think of it, this is the kind of senior who i will fight side by side with sia. Wait till I am permanently employed, 12am go home also nevermind!! Muhahaa. OT mah.... muahhaa.

And also, the cabbie I met was so friendly sia. When I entered the cab, he called me sir.... (I'm not worthy). Then so polite, then keep on talking in a very pleasant tone. At the end of it, I thought I would have a chance to tip him. In the end, he "tipped" me. The fare was $15.30. I paid 20 bucks. The change was 5 bucks. I thought something was wrong but i didn't react cuz my leg pulled my body out faster than what my mind can think. Wa biang, like that I'm earning money just by taking cab loh.... ridiculous.

I think I've been meeting alot of great people lately. Sometimes got the happy happy feeling inside loh. Omg. I hope this is not just a dream. If it is, then i wish i'll never wake up.

But then, when someone asked me about my results sia (my another guy senior), i just doesn't feel good talking about it. I know some people will ask me to feel proud because my results are not bad, but I've spent almost my life trying to strive for the best and i couldn't reach it. Some other people could just touch it so easily. Sigh. Whats up sia.

Slice of Life

Dealing With Aggression

One of the most difficult things to deal with in this life is a sense of injustice. We may strive to walk a kinder, more gentle and compassionate path; we accept, forgive, smile and send blessings unselfishly. Yet there are people who seem bent on directing their wrath and hatred towards us.
When negative or aggressive people confront us, why are we unnerved? It's because we're human after all, and we have feelings, and yes, egos. When we're upset by an aggressor, it's our ego reacting to the attack. We only feel wronged because we ourselves feel that we have been doing right. And because we feel we've done no wrong, we feel that any provocation is undeserved. In a sense, it's a subtle form of self-righteousness that ultimately defeats us.

So how do we gently thwart an abusive aggressor and still hold true to our beliefs and spirituality? It is a hard road, but here are some tips which might be useful.

Let spirit guide you. Always trust your higher self to guide you to the correct course of action. Listen to your inner voice and discern what your emotions are telling you. Remember, the ego will always defend by attacking or withdrawing, so we must know and curb our ego and settle into our spiritual higher selves. When we think and act out of love, we will always pick the correct actions.

You could also try to see and agree with their point. We sometimes can understand the motives behind people's actions if we give thought to their situation. Remember there is no right or wrong, there is only different points of view and opinion. So seek to see the other side of the disagreement. Let them speak, and be truly interested in what they say. For all its bombast and swagger, the ego is really a simple thing. Give it your undivided attention, and it is happy. Sometimes people just want to be heard and noticed.

Keep your cool. If you do not accept the aggressor's gift of anger, it remains the aggressor's own. Most abusive people are looking for a reaction; a provocation cannot earnestly exist unless something is provoked. So do not give fuel to the fire. If you choose not to armour up, then the potential confrontation is merely one person venting.

Know that the anger and negativity within your attacker is only a reflection of what is inside of them, and not inside you. You are not the negative things this person says about you. The things people say may hurt our feelings, but we can choose our actions to these negative situations and let them go.

So the next time you are confronted with aggression and anger, take the high road - let your spirit and inner strength rule the situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home