Tuesday, January 03, 2006

3/01/06

I'm back to the super nice IC today. He really likes to treat people things. Got a free lunch from a food court and a Coffee from Delifrance today. He sneezed like more than 10 times today, and I'm in a small room with him. Lets hope my immune system is strong enough *pray*.

Got cut by paper today. pain.

I managed to go back to office to settle some stuff. I remember I posted something about a high ranking person. Well, the thing is solved. The person is not as I thought to be : arrogant and look down on low ranking people. Although she didn't reply to my sms through phone, she sent email to me. Its just that I could not access it until today. The worst case scenario (take-my-form-and-throw-it-away scenario, did not happen. Once again, confirmed that the company people is nice. No corporate people will ever be nasty to another even if they are really pissed. Hmm, except one who I met in ...... (client's place), who made things difficult.

who can understand the feeling of going back to office? Who can understand the hell that I went through last week, and the heaven that I will be going through again this week. This team IC will be my mentor for audit.... permanently. Its not easy to find someone who can click with me. A single guy who experienced the same situation as me too. I'm just happy to have him to teach me. I'll be looking for him when I go back in July. One who I will work for, chiong for, and "die" for.

Tomorrow is a chionging day for me. Inventory section..... for a retailing store.... is jia lad.

Next week job.... a banking job with a ..... westerner. A 2 man show..... including me. Maybe I can ask him:"I make coffee, photocopy things.... ok?" haa. Know nuts about banking jobs. I heard from my senior that you need to be handsome and beautiful for bank jobs, or else the clients won't want to be bothered with you. I certainly don't qualify haaa.

Slice of Life

Breaking Out of Routines

Human beings are creatures of habit. We like our comfort zones, our clearly marked boundaries, our routines, our retreats. We take paths that we or others have tested and proven safe, and hardly stray from them. We structure our lives based on patterns which have always worked for us and are averse to trying out anything new.

Routines can be useful, but if we adhere to them too rigidly, we may soon find our lives emotionally dull and meaningless. Over time, our stiff patterns may become blinds that shut out the possibility of a more vibrant, exciting and promising life.

Identify your routines. What do you do every day? So often that it's becomes a subconscious decision that requires hardly any thought? Why do you do it? Does it really benefit you? How does it benefit you? What about weekends and your leisure hours? Do you seek out the usual sources of entertainment or recreation?

If you feel like you're in a rut, that every day seems too similar to the day before, then you might want to try enlivening your life by breaking out of your routines. You may be so comfortable with them that deviating from them seems hard, but you can start with the small things.

Like taking half a day's leave to go to the movies. Taking a different route to work. Or a different mode of transport. What about eating something you've never eaten before? Or reading a magazine you've never had an interest in before?

These things may seem laughably insignificant, but it's not the thing you do that's important. It's how you allow each new experience to delight and invigorate you. Seek to be different and embrace variety and change. Don't let monotony chase the cheer out of your life.

1 Comments:

Blogger WeiQiang said...

hi alexander. This has been a long time since someone actually posted a heart-felt comment in my blog.

Well, there are different kind of people around actually. Some who likes to experience new things, some who don't. I think it might just be a generalised statement that people do like a routine life, unless science proved it already.

As for me, I'm more of a routine person and yet a not so routine person. I'm confused haa. You can't call a musician a routine person, and you can't call an auditor a non-routine person. I play both roles.

Life is complicated.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home