Monday, April 17, 2006

17/4/06

my GE is done for me, thats enough. I threw away another 6 chapters. Wierd feeling but I'm going to leave it as it is like that. Seeing the stupid past year exam papers just give me so much complacency that might kill me, I know. But I don't want to put in so much for that GE. I've learnt enough knowledge about that module to satisfy my thirst. Its pure interest and nothing else.

Someone once asked me:"what do you not know how to do?". Now I answer. There are tonnes that I don't know how. There are areas untouched, unexplored. I couldn't answer at that point in time because those untouched area are unknown to me so I couldn't say it out. Today, I've tried something, and I confirmed + guarantee, I couldn't dance (i can hop, perhaps). Muahahaa. And, I couldn't tell jokes when I want to. I couldn't make myself take up a phone to call someone when I want to. I have long forgotten how to do that. Too long. (pathetic eh?)

Oh ya, Heaven prevented me from jogging for the 4th consecutive day. I changed!! I was ready to open the door and.... *splash thunder ssssssssssssss* So, in the exercising attire, i thought "damned". So, I turned my room into an exercising area. I tore myself apart. *Piak* How I wish I have a sand bag at home. Wack it out haaa. For the fun of it. Although I'm no big size, I will show that I'm no push over.... in all areas!! (don't you hate this kind of self movitating idiot?)

And for once, I'm going to say I really don't like hokkien music... argh. Not my type. My mum sings it, my dad adores it (its his job), I just couldn't stand it.

I really don't know what to type now.... sian. Well today's slice of life tells us to walk more, so WALK more!! haa

And, The second slice of life is for all those who are not alone. Cherish. :)

I guess today's posting is really long, and I don't intend to stop here. Seeing one of my friend's blog.... its just so true,

人身有如水滴,从天而降。落在山上,沿着小溪,从山顶一路流着。面对着分岔路,选择只有一个。一旦决定了,就不能回头。人身的过程就是这样,时时刻刻面对着选择。你是否有想过,如果走的是另一条路会是怎样的?可以回头吗?如果你可以在下一个分岔路走向那条你没走的那一条路,你会走吗?就算前途坎坷,你也会想走那条路吗?其实,当小溪流向大海的时候,所有水滴也都会再见面。大海,就是生命的结束,也就是当人们去天国的时候。可是,有些人认为那是另一个开始。在大海等待太阳的照射,给予另一个生命,再次飞向天空,然后从天降下,从新开始另一次的路程。从山上的小溪到广阔的大海。

你会回头望一望没有走过的路吗?

Slice of Life

Walkabout

What's one of the simplest and quickest ways to improve your overall wellness?

Walking!

Primitive tribespeople went on regular walkabouts, when individuals headed off alone into the bush as a rite of passage. In the wilderness, their minds, bodies and spirits were tested and cleansed. Some even met their spiritual guides, or so the legends say.

These days though, walking has been reduced to an inconvenience. It's considered a milestone for toddlers, something that all infants naturally progress to, but grown-ups generally wish to do as little of it as possible. We'd much rather get around in cars, taxis, buses and bikes.

But walking is immensely beneficial for our physical and mental well-being. For years, this single act has been linked to improving cardiovascular health. The reason is because, generally, walking is a safe movement that isn't likely to cause injury. New studies have shown that walking is also a terrific way to improve your mood. The next time you are feeling a little blue, you could just walk it off - literally.

A recent study paired individuals into groups, one of which spent 30 minutes on a treadmill and the other that participated in 30 minutes of rest. Each group's progress was monitored throughout the treatment with a conclusion that both groups reported having less negative feelings at the end of the study, along with less stress and tension. The difference, however, was found when the group that spent 30 minutes walking also noted an overall improvement in well-being.

While the study further proves the theory that walking is good for mental health, as well as physical, it also lends credence to the theory that people who walk feel better overall. It also proves that an individual does not have to be outside in order to enjoy the benefits of walking. This simple exercise can be achieved with a treadmill or by simply walking in place while listening to music or watching TV.

Taking long walks also allows your mind to relax; the body goes into a spontaneous, comfortable rhythm, giving your thoughts a relaxed and unhurried climate in which to organize themselves. I've often come up with solutions and ideas while on a leisurely stroll.

So work a walking routine into your schedule. You'll start feeling the benefits in no time!

Slice of Life

Stop Fighting!

You probably know a couple or two who seem to be always fighting. Maybe your own relationship is riddled with tiffs and quarrels. Many are determined to win a battle that never ends. Others try to right the wrongs they have experienced in the past with someone new. Unfortunately, this kind of behaviour is doomed to failure. When we bring baggage from a former relationship into the present, all new relationships simply become a continuation of the past.

For some, fighting is a fire that keeps their relationships alive. It lets them know the other cares. Unfortunately, fighting can easily become a habit, and when it does, a couple finds itself stuck. Instead of communicating effectively and addressing issues, they fall into patterns of accusation and defense. Tenderness and intimacy cannot flourish in such an environment.

So if anger and fighting seem to be the fuel that keeps your relationship going, how can you end the war?

First, you have to stop blaming. While we're pointing fingers, and making the other feel guilty, we cannot see what's really going on. We ignore the good and highlight the bad. So, instead of thinking of all the ways the person has hurt you, focus on what the person has done for you, the ways they have been kind.

You have to realize the terrible toll fighting is taking on your relationship. What it is doing to your body, mind and spirit. Do you truly want this? Haven't you and your partner suffered enough? Why not choose happiness?

In choosing to be happy, very often you have to let go of the desire to be right. Expand your view and your heart. Would you want to be right but miserable?

The best defense against anger is feeling good about yourself. Build a healthy sense of self worth. Treat yourself well. Be good to your partner. Make life beautiful together. Hey you're a couple, remember? It can't be that hard! Don't let anger make you lose sight of that.

As we gather the courage to let go of anger, not only do we find new ways of being fulfilled with our partner, our overall health improves. Many new people and experiences will enter your lives. You attract what you focus on. Let it be love.

Slice of Life

STORIES - The Mouse Trap

A mouse looked through the crack in the wall to see the farmer and his wife open a package.

What food might this contain?"

The mouse wondered - he was devastated to discover it was a mousetrap. Retreating to the farmyard, the mouse proclaimed the warning. There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!"

The chicken clucked and scratched, raised her head and said, "Mr. Mouse, I can tell this is a grave concern to you, but it is of no consequence to me. I cannot be bothered by it."

The mouse turned to the pig and told him, "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The pig sympathized, but said, "I am so very sorry, Mr. Mouse, but there is nothing I can do about it but pray. Be assured you are in my prayers." The mouse turned to the cow and said "There is a mousetrap in the house! There is a mousetrap in the house!" The cow said, "Wow, Mr. Mouse. I'm sorry for you, but it's no skin off my nose."

So, the mouse returned to the house, head down and dejected, to face the farmer's mousetrap alone.

That very night a sound was heard throughout the house - like the sound of a mousetrap catching its prey. The farmer's wife rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness, she did not see it was a venomous snake whose tail the trap had caught. The snake bit the farmer's wife. The farmer rushed her to the hospital, and she returned home with a fever.

Everyone knows you treat a fever with fresh chicken soup, so the farmer took his hatchet to the farmyard for the soup's main ingredient.

But his wife's sickness continued, so friends and neighbors came to sit with her around the clock. To feed them, the farmer butchered the pig.

The farmer's wife did not get well; she died. So many people came for her funeral; the farmer had the cow slaughtered to provide enough meat for all of them.

The mouse looked upon it all from his crack in the wall with great sadness.

The next time you hear someone is facing a problem and think it doesn't concern you, remember - when one of us is threatened, we are all at risk. We are all involved in this journey called life. We must keep an eye out for one another and make an extra effort to encourage and help one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home