Monday, April 09, 2007

9/4/07

I'm experiencing alot of new things lately. New experience, new thoughts, new feelings. Well, let me list them one by one.

First is about my job. Currently, working as an audit associate. Its a shit life. But then again, my life till now in audit can be considered one of the best life. But I can't foresee myself staying here for the next few years. The work and stress that one has to take is really too much for my capacity. I don't have a very stable mental state. In fact, there is a violent soul inside me. I know I might one day punch someone if I stay in this audit field longer. The only thing that can calm me down is music. I'm moving away from audit, into music.

It was during a weekend when thoughts flooded through my mind. Without much thoughts at that time, I chose to be a musician by signing on as a regular in the SAF bands. I know I'll not be given alot of money but I know my mind can reach a stable and safe state there. My audition was in January and I passed my IPPT on 7th March. Till now, I'm still waiting for them to call me to confirm my application. They are.... really slow.

Second, I have decided to try alot of new things and to pursue what I've not manage to have time to do in the past. I started practicing my keyboard alot. Bought music books to practice. Through these few weeks of practice, I find that my left hand's dexterity improved. How amazing it is for my left hand to play something which I thought i could never do it. Even typing on the computer keyboard becomes faster. (english is still as bad, i know)

After watching a jap drama series, I've started to regain my interest in guitar too. I've gotten back some of my books which i lent to some friends long time ago. Its time to get back everything and leave nothing hanging over...

I've also started to gain super interested in the Jap language. I went to library to borrow books, and did whatever to know the language more.

Now, I really want to learn as much things as I can. I'm 24 now, not much time to live on. If my max age is 80, I would have to earn enough by 60 for retirement. But I will still want to work even after retirement. There are alot of things which I want to try.

1) work in a retail industry
2) learn how to bake cake
3) stay in Japan for a few years in the future
4) sit in a racer's car and experience the thrill
5) perform on stage with a world class orchestra in future
6) Conduct my own band and get recognised

Regarding music performance, I won't be majoring in Euphonium. I've taken the challenge to start learning Bassoon. I hope I'll do well. No matter what, I'll put in my best to learn it well. Behold..... the man with tonnes of determination is back. Chiong loh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home