Monday, November 22, 2004

22/11/04

I woke up at 9 am, went to my basin and cleaned up my teeth. When I was tilting my head to my left when I was brushing, I saw something..... guess what? I saw a CRAB behind the washing machine...... am I dreaming? I looked around and saw a tub covered with a little net. I know it, crab meal today. BUt... WHAT THE CRAB haha doing behind the washing machine. I take it that i didn't see it... and went to my comp to do something.

9.30am.... *ring ring*.... "Hey Weiqiang ah... are you free today? Free now?"

"Why?"

"Can you please go down to Poiching? There is a mistake in the schedule."

(hmm i'm suppose to watch a performance this afternoon... hmm)

"Alright I'll be there"

So i went. Empty stomach, took a cab. Still late, nevertheless, I'm quite fast already. Apologize to my friend for not going for the performance.

Hey I met a nice uncle in the cab. Chat with him. One thing he knocked into me is the idea of "bringing umbrella before a rain". Let me explain. He actually told me about his life. He got retrenched by a company in 1992 and he went to take the cab license after that. His father long told him before that he should have gotten the license even if he had a secured job, because you never know what will happen next. Always learn more things and find other routes that you may go. A secure job doesn't mean that its a secure job forever.

One strange thing I found out was that the prerequisite for taking the cab license was that you need to be of a certain age +..... you need to be married +..... you need to have a child. THat was quite and outrageous information for me hahaa. But he told me that the requirements have been changed already. Thats not too bad. I'm qualified hee.

Here I am in Poiching, hmm unfamiliar students. Hmm new batch. Have to teach them Mary had a little lamp ops Lamb. haha.

After that, I went to Tampines Mall for a little walk.... from the first level to the top level. Went into the arcade. Saw a new shooting (plane) game. Gave it a shoot and.... "I've never died so fast before" Darn haha. My eyes getting bad.

After a while of lurking in the mall, I took a bus back to Toa Payoh, but i didn't went back home straight. I walked around Toa Payoh. But I don't know why I get tired so easily. Is it my eyes? I need a specs? Does anyone knows if a person will get tired easily if he doesn't wear specs, when he has short sightedness?

I went back home. Can't take it anymore. I went to look at the crabs. All back into the tub. I hate to see them because i'm going to eat them later. How sad. I once said, don't let me see anything alive if I'm going to eat them later. I couldn't bear to do it." I asked my parents whether they found the escapees. haha they told me theres 3!!. One even hid inside my store room. Hmm the Run-away-crabs. haha

I then watched 2 discs of Winter Sonata. I am on my way to finishing it tomorrow. 4 Discs left. Things are just getting complicated. Hee. I have translated another song from the show. I just wanna say something. Whatever the meanings of those songs are, they doesn't represent me. I know you are reading this. You doesn't have to feel anything. Lead your life to the fullest and be happy, thats all i ask of you. For me, I just wanna be dreamy. Its true. Like what the guy in the show said.... nevermind what he said, can't translate.

Forget Me Not

Please don't forget, every little bit of things

Even though I'm not by your side, Please don't forget

From the start till now, My love for you seems so near, yet so far

I will protect you

No matter where you are, I will protect you

You were there waiting for me

I went to the place where we first met

If I'm a bit late, please don't forget me

Don't forget that, I will be there.

(End)

Slice of Life

"The Things You Didn't Do

It's mostly the things we do that make a difference to other people's lives. But sometimes, it's the things we don't do that truly make a difference - the rage we don't fly into when someone does something wrong, the arrogance we don't develop even though we are mostly right, the violence we don't inflict when our tempers flare up, the punishment we don't mete out when someone lets us down.

When someone truly loves us, they will be able to forgive our flaws and mistakes with grace. What's unfortunate though, is that most of us tend to remember people for the things they've done, but forget about the things that they could've done, but chose not to.

A woman once wrote a letter to her husband…

Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and I dented it? I thought you'd kill me but you didn't.
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach and you said it would rain and it did? I thought you'd say, "I told you so", but you didn't.

Do you remember the time I flirted with all the guys to make you jealous and you were. I thought you'd leave me, but you didn't.

Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug. I thought you'd hit me but you didn't.

And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans? I thought you'd drop me. But you didn't.

Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.

But you put up with me and you loved me and you protected me.

There were lots of thing I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam. But you didn't.
A letter from an unnamed woman to her husband, who died in the Vietnam War.

It's important to recognize and appreciate our loved ones and friends for constantly tolerating our idiosyncracies, our flaws, and our less-than-desirable traits. If we put themselves in their positions, we can then begin to imagine the kinds of things they could've done to hurt us in return… but didn't.

Let these people know that you appreciate their grace and goodwill… before they're gone."

Another day. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

about tired eyes and myopia.

there is a new treatment at Singapore National Eye Centre that can correct myopia 150 degrees and below. Success rate is about 80% and is the treatment is non-invasive. it uses a computer program which trains your brain to see things better. images run on the computer screen and u are supposed to decipher it or sth like that. and they get more n more complicated. anyway this treatment is called NeuroVision. it doesn't correct the length of the whatever in ur eye (i'm not bio student), but trains your brain to see better.

the treatment spans 30 sessions, 30 min per session. dunno how many times a week. $1000 per eye.

haha.. not trying to sell this service for SNEC. i'm not related in anyway to them. just wanna share sth with u.

i wish i had the money to go for this treatment. next time perhaps. hehe. have fun watching vcd!

3:33 PM  
Blogger WeiQiang said...

Ah thankz for the information, I'll take note about it. Perhaps an easy way out is to get a specs and wear them wherever I go. Thankz for the advice. :)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home